Account Executive Surety 1
Responsible for supporting commercial sales executives in the sale of Surety Bonds (permit bonds, contract bonds, bid, performance, payment, license and other miscellaneous bonds) to customers. Duties include: assisting with sales calls to obtain corporate and individual financial data; evaluating customer bond needs; analyzing financial data; preparing bond submissions; negotiating bonds with Surety underwriters; developing and maintaining relationships with Surety Companies and underwriters; acting as the key contact within the specialized market; understanding compliance issues involving multi-state insurance agents licensing and adhering to Surety Company granted lines of authority.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of insurance experience or successful completion of the WFI Associate Program
- Experience supporting commercial sales executives in the sale of surety bonds (permit bonds, contract bonds, bid, performance, payment, and license)
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance issues that involve multi-state insurance agents licensing and adhering to Surety Company granted lines of authority
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Nexsure agency management system experience
- Property & Casualty Insurance Licenses
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years surety independent agency experience
- Surepath and Surelens experience
- Surety designation
- Commercial Lines designation
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 180 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0045417 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top