Account Executive Commercial 1
Responsible for the day-to-day account management of more routine, less complex commercial property and casualty accounts. Responsible for marketing to carriers and customers, preparing coverage/product recommendations and discussing renewals with customers. Develops and maintains working relationships with customers/prospects. Communicates with, services and provides comprehensive account support to assure customer needs are met. May support a senior account executive on a more complex book of business. Responsible for maintaining customer files and preparing coverage/product recommendations, contract reviews, discussing and presenting renewals to customers. Responsible for overall account retention within their assigned book. May provide work direction to less experienced staff.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of insurance experience
- Experience managing less complex commercial property and casualty accounts
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- 2-20 Property & Casualty Insurance License
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience handling daily activity of a portfolio of commercial insurance clients (known as a 'book of business').
- 3+ years of commercial brokerage experience.
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 180 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0041409 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top