Abbot Downing Relationship Mgr (SAFE) 3
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories .
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Abbot Downing: Abbot Downing is a boutique business within Wells Fargo that serves individuals and families with investable assets of at least $50 million or net worth of $100 million, as well as their endowments and foundations. Abbot Downing strives to build long-standing relationships by helping clients preserve and grow wealth, address the impact of wealth across generations and leave a legacy of purpose.
This position will serve as the Relationship Manager for ultra-high net worth (UHNW) families. Meet with clients and prospective clients regarding their values, needs and goals, as well as their full financial balance sheet and deliver a wealth planning and investment consulting orientation. Prepare and deliver solution presentations to clients and prospects. Provide AD client products and services including portfolio management, private banking, trust and estate services, wealth plans, insurance and custody as well as other services available from the broader Wells Fargo franchise. Provide ongoing relationship management and personal service to meet client needs. Provide ongoing and integrated financial advice and solutions to clients including the delivery of services with specialty partners. Retain core skill and deliver services within area of specialty (i.e., trust, banking, investments, etc.). Expected to manage moderately sized Abbot Downing relationships and be actively involved in revenue generation. The Relationship Manager will not only manage existing relationships but will be responsible for business development and sourcing new relationships. May support more senior Abbot Downing relationship managers. Also may assist in new product and process development. Limited supervisory responsibilities.
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN SAN FRANCISCO AND SUPPORT THE GREATER NORTHWEST MARKET.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 5+ years of experience with High Net Worth (HNW) clients and their advisors on management strategies
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) or a Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- CTFA-Certified Trust And Financial Advisor, CFP-Certified Financial Planner, or CFA-Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
- Experience working on complex management strategies
Other Desired Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain advanced, complex ideas in a format comprehensible to clients.
- Exposure to and knowledge of banking and credit for UHNW clients.
- Experience working on complex wealth management strategies.
- Adept in serving clients in a multi-dimensional/team environment and in partnering across a broad and complex organization.
- Local market knowledge and COIs.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0074516 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top