Abbot Downing Relationship Manager (SAFE) 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM): Wealth Management business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Consumer Bank. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preserve and transfer their wealth.
Abbot Downing serves families and individuals, as well as endowments and foundations, to help preserve and grow assets while building legacies across generations. We go beyond traditional financial planning and asset management services to help clients address the financial, social and personal dimensions of wealth.
Abbot Downing's 300 professionals serve clients in all 50 states. Our service model gives clients the attentiveness of a boutique firm complemented by the robust services of one of the strongest, most respected financial institutions in the world.
The Abbot Downing Senior Relationship Manager (RM) will deliver consultative and integrated solutions for investment, planning and family dynamics, fiduciary and administrative services, and banking to ultra-high net worth (UHNW) families, including their family offices and foundations. These families have complex estate structures and comprehensive planning, investment, administrative or banking requirements. Relationship Managers meet with clients and prospects regarding their values, needs and goals, personal as well as financial, and prepare and deliver solution presentations. RMs provide ongoing relationship management and is responsible for execution of all client solutions in a team environment. RM s are responsible for generating new client relationships and expanding revenue for the office, either through internal or external sources. Ideal candidates will have experience leading large client teams and working across business lines to deliver seamless client experiences. The ideal candidate will also be able to find and deliver capabilities of specialty partners within Wells, as needed for client solutions. RM s will have at least one core skill and articulate delivery of services within area of specialty (i.e., Investments, Planning, Fiduciary, Banking, etc.). RM s must have excellent teaming skills, communication skills and may have may have some supervisory responsibilities. Depth of expertise, size of book of revenue, complexity of clients, and demonstrated leadership within the business are very high for this position. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Will direct the Texas market and develop the significant opportunities that exist.
This position will act in a leadership capacity to support the Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico market.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 8+ years of experience with High Net Worth(HNWA) clients and their advisors on complex management strategies
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) or a Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- CTFA-Certified Trust And Financial Advisor, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (tm), or CFA-Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous experience working with UHNW clients
- 10+ years' working in investment/securities industry
- Experience authoring internal and client-facing materials describing quantitative investment management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain advanced complex tax and wealth transfer techniques to UHNW clients
- Demonstrated ability to present compelling information to sophisticated groups effectively
- CPA, MBA, CIMA designation
- Adept in serving clients in a multi-dimensional/team environment and in partnering across a broad and complex organization
- Proven track record of business development
- Experience booking new business of at least $50M and managing clients with assets of $100M or more
- Working knowledge of alternative investments, including hedge, real estate, private equity, private debt, structured products and commodities
- Prior working knowledge of banking and related services such as treasury management, credit services, foreign exchange and money transfer
- Strong networking skill to include local market knowledge and COIs externally and internally with wholesale, investment banking and private banking lines of business
- Proven experience in estate planning, tax, advanced wealth transfer techniques.
- Prior Management Experience
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
0071590 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Back to top