Abbot Downing Client Service Cons (Lo) 2 / Fiduciary Specialist
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Abbot Downing: Abbot Downing is a boutique business within Wells Fargo that serves individuals and families with investable assets of at least $50 million or net worth of $100 million, as well as their endowments and foundations. Abbot Downing strives to build long-standing relationships by helping clients preserve and grow wealth, address the impact of wealth across generations and leave a legacy of purpose.
The Abbot Downing Client Service Consultant responsibilities include:
- Providing complex client services to internal and external ultra-high net worth customers in account management, operations, documentation, issue resolution and technical support.
- Partnering with existing clients and relationship managers to present product or service information; consult on operating and account issues, recommend alternatives and identify opportunities to cross-sell other services.
- Resolving most customer issues independently and ensuring client retention.
- Working with clients' outside advisors on various financial, estate planning and tax planning projects.
- Participating in the annual client financial review process.
- Drafting client correspondence and communicating by phone, face to face, and/or via email with clients regarding cash and account requests/inquiries.
- Preparing materials for client meetings.
- Producing routine documents and reports, using spreadsheet and presentation software, and compiling statistical data for customer/business documentation
- Answering/directing and/or selectively screening callers and handling complex and sensitive inquiries/calls from internal and external clients.
- Acting as an information resource on departmental/business unit policies and procedures.
- Researching account and transaction records to resolve basic discrepancies, and answering questions, or providing documentation on client activities.
- May perform special projects as needed as well as provide support for larger projects managed by others.
- May provide guidance and direction to more junior staff.
This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 5+ years of client service experience
- 2+ years of fiduciary experience
- High net worth client experience
- Experience implementing solutions on behalf of the client; including improving productivity and client satisfaction
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA)
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Prior experience in sales support role.
- Experience working with ultra-high-net-worth clients.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast paced environment while providing exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Experience with Client Link, SEI and Navigator.
- Fiduciary/Trust school graduate
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0058858 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top