WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
You would work within clinical environments, help people served reach their personal goals and live healthy lives by supporting them in a variety of life activities. Support and supplement the work of clinicians as they provide treatment, counseling, therapy, and healthcare services to the people we serve. Assists people served in moving toward their own recovery and wellbeing in part by sharing lived experiences about one’s own mental illness, strategies, coping skills, and lessons learned in moving toward one’s own recovery and wellbeing. Peer Mentors follow the principals of Intentional Peer Support to facilitate autonomy, choice, and mutuality in the peer relationship.
Learn more about WellPower:
PS I - $25.00/hr.
PS ll - $26.04/hr
WellPower is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for WellPower’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://wellpower.org/workplace-of-choice/.
Peer Specialists may work in one of the following programs/teams (or similar programs):
· Clinical Site/Residential/Rehabilitative Based Program
· Community Based Program
· Social Impact Bond Team
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Orient persons served to programs, available services, and other general information about the organization and community partners.
• Report clinical concerns and high-risk behaviors and safety issues as they occur to clinical program staff and/or supervisor. Follow guidance and directions from other clinical staff and supervisor.
• Meet with persons to discuss disposition plans, personal safety plans and create an informal opportunity for persons to address the fears and concerns related to trauma and crisis.
• Documentation in Electronic Health Record – obtain National Provider Identification for billing purposes. Clear distinction of no treatment planning – formal counseling or therapy.
• Work with program staff to develop and maintain resource directory available to persons served.
• Assist clinicians in developing and facilitating Skills Groups.
• Assist persons in obtaining services that suit the individual’s life goals and recovery needs including community and natural supports in addition to organizational supports.
• Assist in arranging and providing transportation for appointments and services.
• Promote collaboration and sharing of resources for persons in the community: food, clothing, transportation, recreation, medical, insurances, housing, shelters and employment, as appropriate.
• Help identify each person’s strengths, supports, and share problem-solving techniques - how to identify and overcome fears and combat negative self-talk/self-stigma.
• Assist program staff in maintaining accurate documentation.
• Attend program team meetings, trainings, and supervision as scheduled.
• Learn and maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• As comfortable, participate in the organization’s and other efforts to reduce stigma, bias and discrimination, and misunderstandings about people with mental illness.
PS I - High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. No certification required.·
PS II - High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Has upon hire a Colorado Peer and Family Specialist Certification.
Valid driver’s license preferred and must maintain a good driving record while employed. Use of motor vehicle
Lived experience: Have received counseling and treatment and currently continuing one’s own recovery with mental health issues - past or present participation in mental health services.
- Minimum 1 year working experience in the mental health field and/or the social work/human services field.SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
· Good communication skills, and ability to work with diverse people from all walks of life, especially the ability to be a patient, active listener.
· Ability to operate a computer and common software programs such as Microsoft suite, search Internet, data entry into various programs
· Good time management skills
· Consistent and reliable attendance
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Why else might you want to consider working at WellPower?
- Named Top Workplace - we have been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for ten consecutive years
- Champion Social Justice Causes - we are committed to ending anti-Black racism in our community
- 9 Paid Holidays – including Juneteenth, Martin Luther King Jr. Day and more
- Robust Benefits Package – our benefits start at 30 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement match
- Employee Resource Groups – our ERG’s offer a chance to connect, address workplace challenges and get support from individuals who share similar characteristics or life experiences
- Gainsharing – we offer a bonus to employees if the organization meets certain requirements for the year
- $52,000/year minimum wage for all employees – we believe that our employees should earn a livable wage conducive to the cost of living in Denver, Colorado
- Free Licensure Supervision – for LCSWs/LPCs/LMFTs
- Sports Leagues – we offer a variety of activities for our employees, including bowling, dragon boat racing, volleyball leagues, and more
Tuberculosis (TB) screening, testing - TB screening and testing, is required and must be completed prior to hire ( i.e., preplacement), and maintained during employment