CLINICAL STUDENT EXTERN -- LOCATED AT WELLSHIRE BEHAVIORAL CLINIC FOR 2023-2024:
LOCATION: 4141 E. Dickenson Place, Denver, CO 80222
STUDENT SUPERVISOR'S CREDENTIAL LEVEL: The supervision of the extern will be provided by the pre-doctoral psychological intern. The pre-doctoral intern is supervised by a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. This is a requirement of the pre-doctoral internship and thus cannot be modified. Please ensure that this is acceptable with your program before you apply.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Wellshire is an outpatient clinic that serves Denver Medicaid; Medicare/Denver Medicaid; Private Insurance and Private Pay adult clients. Wellshire provides outpatient individual therapy, and medication management services. The people that we serve also have access to additional services offered by other Well Power programs/locations.
TITLE & HOURS REQUIRED: Clinical Student, 15-20 hours per week for a 9-12 month commitment. Additionally, as the student’s schedule permits: The student will participate in bi-weekly group supervision and weekly medication provider staffing.
MINIMUM QUALIFCATIONS & NUMBER OF OPENINGS:
- 1 Opening for a 2nd year doctoral student in a Psy.D. or Ph.D. in a clinical psychology graduate program. Must have clinical skills and desire training working with the SPMI population within a community mental health setting.
DUTIES OF PLACEMENT & MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION: Extern will learn and use Evidence Based Practices (EBP) such as Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model, and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. Extern will use these and other treatment models when providing therapy for clients who experience depression, suicidal thoughts, psychosis, anxiety, bipolar disorder, childhood and adult trauma, PTSD, substance abuse, personality disorders, and other mental health challenges. Student will also learn how to provide these services from a strengths-based recovery perspective, as well as work in an organization that values the well-being of employees. This is a clinical position only; assessment training is not offered for this externship.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Molly Jankovsky: Molly.Jankovsky@wellpower.org
- Dr. Odessia Knowles: Odessia.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashlie Lund-Richardson: Ashlie.Lund-Richardson@wellpower.org
WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Why else might you want to consider working at WellPower?
- Named Top Workplace - we have been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for ten consecutive years
- Champion Social Justice Causes - we are committed to ending anti-Black racism in our community
- Employee Resource Groups – our ERG’s offer a chance to connect, address workplace challenges and get support from individuals who share similar characteristics or life experiences
- Sports Leagues – we offer a variety of activities for our employees, including bowling, dragon boat racing, volleyball leagues, and more
Tuberculosis (TB) screening, testing - TB screening and testing, is required and must be completed prior to hire (i.e., preplacement), and maintained during employment.
Learn more about WellPower: