Wellness Connection of Maine is a non-profit medical marijuana dispensary operating in full compliance with state and local law. Our mission is to provide qualified Maine patients with the highest quality medical marijuana at reasonable cost to them, to support patients' full-spectrum wellness, and to foster education about medical marijuana throughout the state.
The Processing Assistant provides the daily care and focused attention necessary to process and package clean, potent, safe medicine for our patients. The successful candidate will possess a keen attention to detail and record keeping, and a willingness to continually learn more about the subject. This entry-level position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with the Company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main responsibilities of the Processing Assistant include; monitoring weights and measurements; presentation; and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the processing area.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Skill at using computers
- Mechanical skill
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Absolute reliability and honesty
Work Experience Required
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Experience in horticulture, botany, or related field preferred but not required
- Knowledge of basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending, and reaching
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
Close visual focus required
This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
Maine state resident
Must pass a drug test and background check (state mandated)
See Inside the Office of Wellness Connection of Maine
Wellness Connection of Maine operates state-licensed medical cannabis dispensaries with a mission to provide qualified patients with the highest quality Maine-grown medical cannabis at a reasonable cost. The Wellness Connection works to provide excellent medicine, a full-spectrum of wellness services, and even ongoing education about the safe use of the medicinal plant.
Back to top