Wellness Connection of Maine is looking for an experienced Controller. This position's primary functions include maintaining the day to day financial records of the company and daily office administration including a variety of other tasks, under the supervision of the CEO. This position will work on maximizing return on financial assets by maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems, as well as managing the accounting team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Company’s accounting, financials, and significant contributions to the formulation, implementation, and administration of corporate-wide policies and business goals. Assists in accounting and financial analysis and prepares and assists in compiling budgets, forecasts and financial reports, as directed by CEO.
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, and particularly Excel; and have knowledge of Accounting, Inventory, and Manufacturing software
- Proficient language and mathematical skills with ability to read and interpret written documents ,spreadsheets, and numerical data and equations
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to grasp new technologies, processes, and procedures quickly
- Ability to produce quality work within tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Must have strong analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills
- Must maintain confidentiality and adaptability, and work in a teamwork environment
- Overtime work may be required during peak times in order to meet departmental and company deadlines; must be dependable and follow attendance/punctuality guidelines
- Effective and efficient communication skills are a must
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to effectively plan and prioritize and adhere to schedules •Ability to focus; attention to detail Skill at using computers
- Ability to work effectively as team leader and guide
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Extended time sitting, standing, walking, bending, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
- Close visual focus required
- May spend extended periods operating a desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the phone, and in writing
- Must be a Maine state resident
- Must pass a drug test and background check (state mandated) •Must have reliable transportation as travel to multiple locations in Maine is required
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience minimum of 5 years including payroll, general ledger, financial reports and knowledge Excel.
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics is a plus but not required.
Back to top