Vice President, Talent and Organizational Development
Vice President, Talent and Organizational Development
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives”. We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. WW introduced “Beyond The Scale”, a holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that encompasses the evolving needs, mindsets and science around weight management. This is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers!
The Vice President, Talent and Organizational Development reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and will have responsibility for oversight, design and delivery of Weight Watchers talent programs. We are reimagining our brand and need a savvy executive to translate the output of our brand initiatives into powerful people strategies.
This position will play a key role in building Weight Watchers’ leadership capability by designing and delivering practical and effective leadership development offerings across all levels, globally. You will be responsible for designing programs that will help our employees and leadership team close the gap between current state and future business model and strategy. Three main areas of responsibility include Talent Acquisition, Talent Management/Performance Management, and Culture and Engagement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for Talent Acquisition team to support and implement best in class sourcing, recruitment, interviewing and acquisition practices to meet current and future talent needs that align with the businesses goals
- Design and deliver an approach to onboarding leaders in context of other onboarding activities
- Perform analysis on variety of HR metrics and KPIs in order to provide the organization with an ongoing talent scan that consists of current state statistics and future trends and projections
- Work to integrate and embed Talent Management processes & programs with Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards to enhance leadership bench strength and critical talent pipelines
Talent Management/Performance Management
- Establish a strategy and philosophy for Leadership Development and design and deliver practical and effective offerings across all levels of leadership globally
- In partnership with senior leaders, identify leadership capabilities needed both now an in the future across all levels. Translate those capabilities into competencies and refresh competency model as needed
- Work with CHRO, executive leadership and people managers across the organization to establish and embed the principles and overall approach to talent reviews, succession planning and strategic workforce planning
- Partner across business units and leadership teams to think about new ways to define career development within a flat organization and provide solutions to integrate development action planning and building bench strength for key roles
- Conduct needs assessments against the leadership competency set and identify developmental opportunities to close the gap
- Establish processes and frameworks for integrating leadership development approaches with other tools and processes such as succession planning, onboarding, etc.
- Provide thought leadership in organizational design and change management processes as we learn to do more with what we have
- Design the curriculum for our employee, management, and leadership development programs and deliver content as needed
- Reinvent the company’s performance management process
- Create processes and solutions that support the evolution from a performance appraisal based culture to a continuous coaching and feedback performance model
- Establish 360° assessment philosophy for the organization
- Conduct after- action reviews on solutions implemented to identify success and that quality has been delivered
Culture and Engagement
- Manage the end-to-end process of WW Employee Engagement model to include analysis, results reporting, next step business unit action planning, and coordinating and monitoring follow-up activities across the organization
- Facilitate team building and small group sessions
- Lead internal HR communications focusing on change management initiatives, employee engagement and company events
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience in talent development including designing and delivering leadership and management programs in a global organization.
- 3-5 years of previous/current experience as an HR Business Partner
- Experience managing a team
- Strong track record of applying a systematic approach to the implementation of talent solutions that require balancing competing priorities, resource constraints, and anticipate business changes and needs
- Thorough knowledge and experience with assessment, development, competency modeling, evaluation theory and processes, along with best practice talent methodologies and technologies
- Deep expertise in developing leaders at all levels in a global organization
- Understanding of the 70-20-10 model of development and can recommend/support experiences that help leaders develop
- Highly developed leadership, consulting, and coaching skills with ability to build strong relationships, influence and gain commitment of business partners and key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Ability to educate leaders on leadership development including the purpose and the role leaders play in developing other leaders and the activities needed to support effective leadership development
- Strong record of delivering complex, multi-disciplined, change programs including culture change and team effectiveness
- Hands-on experience and expertise with formal change management, performance management, career management tools, employee engagement surveys, high performance team development, talent assessment instruments, and development plan work
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work in partnership with entire HR community
- Proven experience in implementing large scale initiatives with scalability requirements at all levels of organization and international audience
- Excellent project management skills including planning, logistics, program management, and scheduling
- Highly effective in ambiguous environment and able to produce maximum results with little direction and guidance
- Ability to manage multiple, complex assignments with proven ability to assess competing priorities in a high energy, ever changing, fast paced environment
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to have vision and build a strong global talent strategy as the company grows and transforms
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top