Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. Our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives.” We’re leveraging technology and leading the way in the wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility, and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. Our “Beyond The Scale” program is a holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that includes weight management. It’s an exciting time to join our team!
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way!
We are seeking a passionate technologist to join our team to evangelize the innovative work we deliver, while motivating the teams to always be forward thinking. You will partner with multiple teams to help promote Weight Watchers as a leading technology organization and build the tech culture at Weight Watchers.
- Tech blog owner – manage, contribute to, and solicit articles for our tech blog
- Technology conferences – identify key conferences for teams to participate in and partner with them to build their presentations.
- Networking- build a solid network with key technology organizations
- Meet-ups – identify opportunities, schedule and assist with hosting events
- Internal events and hackathons – lead and promote hackathons, demos, and other internal technology events
- Help recruit – we’re always looking for the best talent across college campuses, meet-ups, and conferences
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or equivalent work experience a plus
- Passionate about technology with 2+ years’ experience working in a technology environment ideally with experience in external communications/public relations/marketing/
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and familiarity with management tools (ex: Jira)
- Experience working with remote / 3rd party team members in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a Lean and Agile environment
- Experience working across multiple social networking platforms preferred
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top