Technical Product Manager - Data Engineering
Technical Product Manager - Data Engineering
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives”. We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. WW recently introduced “Beyond The Scale”, a new holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that encompasses the evolving needs, mindsets and science around weight management. This is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers!
At WWI, we’re committed to a data-driven approach to solving problems. We help our members lose weight, and go “beyond the scale”. We do that by offering a wide array of services to them, some are online (digital subscriptions), some are offline (WW meeting room), and some offer 1:1 interactions (both digital and offline, from 24/7 chat to Coaching).
We are investing in our data capabilities to set us up for success in a member-centric, personalized journey, data-driven company. This is a main area of focus for the company, and this role gets exposure to all the key stakeholders across divisions!
As the Technical Product Manager of Data Engineering, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading a team of exceptionally talented engineers focused towards company-wide data enablement
- Promoting data to drive decision making around products/services, website and mobile development, finance, and digital marketing campaigns
- Enabling the analytics/technology roadmap to continually increase the quality and/or speed of insights.
- Managing data for all online and offline interactions, ensuring that data is collected, understood, and used effectively in all parts of the company
- Contributing to governance around data quality for each digital and offline experience we offer
- Working cross-functionally with many teams - including engineering, infrastructure, data science and business stakeholders. Able to build trusted alliances with Marketing, Science, Finance, IT, & Product partners
- Enabling the delivery of an end-to-end view of the member lifecycle. Contribute to building a platform that can help understand and predict our members’ success along their digital and offline journey
- Proactively seeking out new analytical tools and approaches
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic
- Strong understanding of effective report/dashboard querying
- Strong familiarity with data preparation and processing, streaming included
- Understanding of map/reduce at scale. Familiarity with Spark a plus
- Fluency with structured and unstructured data expressed through the ability to extract that data through big data pipelines. Experience with AWS a plus.
- Experience interacting with individuals at all levels, strong time management and communication skills a must
- Proven leadership ability to influence and inspire people indirectly, lead by example, engage and effectively build multidisciplinary alliances, and facilitate positive change in a large organization
- Prior exposure to a seasonal business a plus (cohort analysis, etc.)
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
• The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
• Generous healthcare coverage.
• 401(K) with company match.
• Paid Time Off
• Paid parental leave
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness allowance
• Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top