Software Engineer (Java)
Software Engineer (Java)
At Weight Watchers, we inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey. We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore our open positions.
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way!
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern engineering such as Agile development, Continuous Integration and Deployment, Microservices, etc. As a Software Engineer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight our users.
- Design and implement the next generation of commerce microservices including Catalog and Product, Order, Payment, Fulfillment, etc. to provide commerce services to our millions of users
- Utilize Java and other technologies to implement solutions that delight our members
- Ensure proper test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Work closely with Product, QA, UX and DevOps teams to design the best solutions for our members
- Contribute to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse etc.
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment
- Work alongside some of the smartest and most dedicated engineers in the HealthTech industry
- At least 2+ years of recent experience developing and implementing software solutions using Java
- Previous experience working on eCommerce platforms
- Passion for Java and related technologies including Spring, J2EE
- Proficiency in HTML, SASS, CSS and SCSS
- Experience creating and consuming Microservices
- Experience with web services API Integration (REST/JSON or SOAP)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git, Subversion, CVS, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience leading a team of engineers to deliver wonderful user experiences
- BS degree in Computer Science and/or a combination equivalent academic or professional experience
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, ORM) such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with designing and performing unit tests and automated tests
- Knowledge and understanding of full life cycle development of web applications from inception to design to deployment
- Team player – you care about those around you and are excited to share knowledge with your peers
- We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top