Software Engineer in Test
Software Engineer in Test
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is ““inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives.””. We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. This includes integrating with Fitbit, iOS Health, among others, as well as the associated tools, information and synchronization needed for our members.
We are seeking people excited to join our team during this transformation. This is a rare opportunity to help change the culture and approach of the organization. This is a great opportunity for new employees to expand their skills and influence within their teams and the company overall.
As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, be part of the team that will be leading the way.
- Participate in the release planning process to review functional specifications and create release plans.
- Collaborate with software engineers to design verification test plans.
- Design regression test suites and review with engineering, applications and the field organization.
- Execute verification and regression tests for each release.
- Produce regular reports on the status and quality of software releases.
- Assess the quality, usability and functionality of each release. Provide a Go/No-Go recommendation to the VP of Engineering.
- Develop and organize QA Processes for assigned projects to align with overall QA goals
- Lead and train a dynamically changing team of testing resources.
- Provide practical creative input to the software design and specification process.
- Cultivate an Onsite-Offshore experience
- Exhibit expertise in handling large scale programs/projects that involve multiple stakeholders (like Business, Dev, Ops, UAT, PM)
- Maintain a leading edge understanding of QA as related to interactive technologies best practices
- Design and implement test automation strategy for multiple product development teams.
- Lead effort for related automation projects, design and code reviews.
Technical Skills :
- Solid Java Programming chops (3+ years)
- Selenium Webdriver - good knowledge of the framework - must have actively utilized for 2 or more years to test web apps And/Or Appium - good knowledge of the framework - must have actively utilized for 1 or more years to create automated tests for Mobile iOS and Android applications
- Expertise with Git/GitHub required. Experience using GitFlow desirable. Familiarity with incorporating work with CI tools such as Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo required. Knowledge of Maven, TestNG, Junit desirable.
- Usage of Jira (or other similar issue/bug tracking systems) is required. Familiarity integrating with JIRA via APIs desirable
- Basic expertise with SQL is required. Expertise with No SQL databases such as MongoDB is desirable
- Basic knowledge of APIs including calling SOAP and REST end points using JSON and XML Data is required. Expertise with tools such as Charles, Fiddler, POSTMAN desirable
- Experience working with BDD (Behavior Driven Development) / ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) Frameworks is desirable. Experience with associated tools – Cucumber, Watir, Thuycdides, SpecFlow, JBehave, BehavePro etc. desirable.
- Develop, execute, and interpret load, stress, and other automated performance tests.
- Ecommerce or Retail experience a plus
Soft Skills :
- Innate Curiosity to imaginatively think through scenarios that affect end users, brainstorm and discuss with team members, document the scenarios and, devise testing strategies (with a bias towards automation) to cover the risks.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills and associated problem-solving skills is required.
- Strong communication and language skills to be able to precisely define and specify BDD and Acceptance Tests is required
- Excellent communicator - present and defend the QA perspective to other team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills - will work in close-knit, small Agile teams. Must bring a "support the team" attitude, while balancing against defending high quality experiences for the end-user
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, Agile, continuous delivery environment
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top