Software Engineer in Test
At Weight Watchers, we inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey. We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you, we invite you to explore our open positions.
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way!
We are seeking people excited to join our team as Software Engineer in Test during this transformation. This is a rare opportunity to help change the culture and approach of the organization.
- Innate Curiosity to imaginatively think through scenarios that affect end users, brainstorm and discuss with team members, document the scenarios and, devise testing strategies (with a bias towards automation) to cover the risks.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills and associated problem-solving skills is required.
- Strong communication and language skills to be able to precisely define and specify BDD and Acceptance Tests is required
- Excellent communicator - present and defend the QA perspective to other team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills - will work in close-knit, small Agile teams. Must bring a "support the team" attitude, while balancing against defending high quality experiences for the end-user
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, Agile, continuous delivery environment
- Solid Java Programming chops (3+ years)
- Selenium Webdriver - good knowledge of the framework - must have actively utilized for 2 or more years to test web apps And/Or Appium - good knowledge of the framework - must have actively utilized for 1 or more years to create automated tests for Mobile iOS and Android applications
- Expertise with Git/GitHub required. Experience using GitFlow desirable. Familiarity with incorporating work with CI tools such as Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo required. Knowledge of Maven, TestNG, Junit desirable.
- Usage of Jira (or other similar issue/bug tracking systems) is required. Familiarity integrating with JIRA via APIs desirable
- Basic expertise with SQL is required. Expertise with No SQL databases such as MongoDB is desirable
- Basic knowledge of APIs including calling SOAP and REST end points using JSON and XML Data is required. Expertise with tools such as Charles, Fiddler, POSTMAN desirable
- Experience working with BDD (Behavior Driven Development) / ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) Frameworks is desirable. Experience with associated tech – rspec, Capybara, RestAssured, Espresso, XCTest, Gatling etc. desirable.
- Develop, execute, and interpret load, stress, and other automated performance tests.
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top