Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead)
Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead)
At Weight Watchers, we inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey. We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore our open positions.
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way!
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Technical Lead to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Agile development, Continuous Integration and Deployment, Microservices, etc. As a Senior Software Engineer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight our users.
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available and performing applications that scale for millions of users
- Utilize Angular.js and other technologies to implement user experiences that delight our members
- Help build a top-notch Frontend engineering team that will assist in the creation of the next wave of great Weight Watchers applications
- Help define architectures and design patterns
- Ensure proper test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Oversee and ensure the quality of frontend developer code through code reviews, architecture design and the creation of coding standards
- Work closely with product, QA, UX and DevOps teams to design the best solutions for our members
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment
- Partner with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences
- Work alongside some of the smartest and most dedicated engineers in the HealthTech industry
- Proficiency in HTML, SASS, CSS and SCSS
- Deep understanding of Responsive Web semantics and paradigms
- Experience with web services API Integration (REST or SOAP)
- Thorough understanding of user experience and UI design principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git, Subversion, CVS, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience leading a team of engineers to deliver wonderful user experiences
- BS degree in Computer Science and/or a combination equivalent academic or professional experience
- Experience working on eCommerce user interfaces and platforms
- Team player – you care about those around you and are excited to share knowledge with your peers
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top