Senior Product Designer (Meeting Rooms)
Senior Product Designer (Meeting Room Experience)
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully.
If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
About the role & the team
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our new team working on our physical Meeting Room experience. The role will collaborate with multiple teams and disciplines to help define our end-to-end member experience across our digital and physical products and services. There are big challenges and hard problems to solve, including how the science of our program is translated into a meeting room experience and how technology enables and improves the member's experience with the service, tools and content.
Our Product Design team is a close-knit group of 20+ practitioners, each focused on Product Design, Visual Design and Experience research. The team is distributed between our offices in New York City and San Francisco.
We’re user-focused, believe deeply in user-centered design, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and user research minded product managers.
Our team is remarkably talented and growing fast, so this is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers. The Health & Wellness space is growing exponentially and as a designer here, your work will have an immediate meaningful impact on the lives of our members across the globe.
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work
- You’re a generalist with a sweet spot, or a specialist looking to broaden your skills
- You focus on UI and UX, understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user and articulate a clear design direction
- You believe in craftsmanship and create elegant and compelling designs
- You’re well versed in countless micro-interactions on mobile and web, and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better
- You can prototype fast, make last-minute tweaks between user studies, know how to be extremely polished as well as quick and dirty
- You are able to navigate between greenfield exploration and tactical, iterative designs
- You can analyze data, interviews, research and translate your insights into actionable layouts, prototypes, and final designs
- You have designed for both consumer and internal facing audiences
- You’ve shipped multiple products
- You can share several shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you’ve learned along the way
- You’ve shipped something across several platforms and you know what translates from desktop to mobile and what doesn’t, or why you’d opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android
- You know what details matter at each stage of a release cycle, and how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right
- You know how to manage process and product
- You develop strong relationships with product managers, developers, and other designers
- You substantially contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’
- You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates
- You understand analytics and can think and talk about the company’s bottom line
- You have a deep sense of the company’s business model and what will move the needle
We hire only the best people. The benefits to being top-notch include:
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top