Uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting HealthTech industry, Weight Watchers uses modern Lean and Agile practices as well as best of breed Engineering practices to deliver leading consumer focused products. Weight Watchers places a major emphasis on mobile and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. This includes integrating with technologies such as Fitbit & iOS Health, as well as building custom, intuitive products to serve our millions of members.
As we rebuild many of our core experiences, we are seeking talented people who are excited to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to join a company embracing a modern Technology culture, where you will have the ability to improve peoples lives in a very meaningful way and have a major impact on Weight Watchers offerings to our members. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, you can be be part of the team that is leading the way.
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking Node Software Engineers to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at Weight Watcher, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
What you will do:
- Deploy Node.js code on your first or second day
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available and performing applications that scale for millions of users.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Build out REST-ful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Help define architectures and design patterns
- Actively participate in PR reviews in GitHub
- Participate in Scrum sprint ceremonies
- Work closely with product, QA and UX teams to design the best solutions for our consumers
You should have:
- Passion for Node.js
- NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB, CouchDB or Cassandra.
- Real world web and API development experience
- Experience with web services API integration (REST or SOAP)
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Experience with Microservices, DDD is nice to have.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis is nice to have.
- Experience with CI/CD is nice to have
- Experience with ADA is a nice to have
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
Generous healthcare coverage.
401(K) with company match.
Paid Time Off
Paid parental leave
Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top