Senior Manager, Field Communications
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives”. We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. WW introduced “Beyond The Scale”, a holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that encompasses the evolving needs, mindsets and science around weight management. This is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers!
As Senior Manager, Field Communications, you will be responsible for the development and ongoing execution of the Field Operations Communications strategy. This exciting role will allow you to demonstrate your abilities in delivering communication and change management to our Field Teams across the US, utilizing effective and creative methods and technologies. It’s a challenging role with many different responsibilities and levels with whom to communicate, collaborate and influence – so we’re looking for someone who can utilize their previous experience to adapt to the variety of demands of this critical position.
- Develops strategies and executes internal communications plans that support business objectives and engage employees
- Integrates change management activities into communication project plans
- Develops, tracks and maintains detailed communication project plans and time-lines to ensure successful delivery of communication and change
- Develop, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications vehicles including email, newsletters, associate forums, intranet, etc.
- Provide strategy and execution support for senior leadership including blogs, presentations, events and employee communications
- Drive contemporary communications practices that increase the effectiveness and timeliness of internal communications.
- Oversee intranet and other digital communication channels ensuring consistent and high quality design and execution.
- Partners cross functionally to develop key messaging and define communications strategies which effect change across the organization
- Create success metrics and use fact based methods in order to evaluate and improve internal communications and culture
- Handles multiple projects and works well with ambiguity
- Strong influence on business leaders and executives without direct authority
- Maintains quality standards and consistency across all communications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of management level internal communications experience including managing staff
- Excellent communicator with proven track record of effectively project managing and delivering internal communication campaigns
- Solid understanding of internal communication and engagement techniques and best practices
- Experience with and good understanding of change management principles and methodologies
- Technical experience of creating and managing websites, intranet sites, newsletters, apps and social collaboration platforms
- Proficiency using all Microsoft and Google programs, e.g. Google Apps for Business, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Prior experience managing significant organizational change initiatives
- Coaching and influencing key stakeholders and peers
- Demonstrable consultancy skills; Contracting, advising and influencing people at all levels
- Ability to delegate and ensure effective monitoring and support
- Experience working in an organization with national and remote locations
- Excellent consultancy, collaboration and relationship management skills
- Ability to apply strong writing and editing skills to communications for a variety of medias
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Creative thinking and ability to think beyond the norm.
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top