Senior IOS Engineer
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives.” We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. This includes integrating with Fitbit, iOS Health, among others, as well as the associated tools, information and synchronization needed for our members.
If you've got great iOS chops and want to see your work appreciated by millions of users, the WW Mobile team is the place for you. We're not your mother's Weight Watchers! We're an agile tech startup within the organization. And we ship every 2 weeks, so there's always something exciting and challenging to work on.
Working for WW means you get to write code that makes a huge impact on people's lives. You can be a force for good.
We strive to be early adopters of the latest iOS features, from Swift to Apple Watch. We also love using tools like Cocoapods, fastlane, and CircleCI to help us write modular code and quickly deliver apps to beta testers and the App Store. Maybe there's a cool new framework or tool you've been dying to try out. Or maybe you want to write your own. Weight Watchers is the place to do it.
- Love learning about the latest tools and technologies. (Your idea of a lazy Sunday afternoon is cracking open "The Swift Programming Language.")
- Write clean, well-architected, self-documenting code
- Want to learn from other engineers and share your knowledge with the team
- Seek out challenges that make you grow — as a person, and as a software developer
- Are a self-starter and a team player
- Participate in code reviews and our biannual hackathons
- Bring a critical mind to identifying and solving issues and bugs
- Aren't afraid to share your ideas and raise red flags when appropriate
- Want to evangelize the WW Mobile team via open source, tech meetups, and conferences
- Don't mind taking occasional trips to visit the New York City office!
- 6+ years professional iOS development experience
- Excellent command of Swift and the iOS SDKs
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Solid background writing modular, object-oriented code
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience writing unit and automation tests with XCTest
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous health-care coverage.
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit sharing
Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top