Product Designer (Pre-Member Experience)
Product Designer (Pre-Member Experience)
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. Our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives.” We’re leveraging technology and leading the way in the wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility, and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. Our “Beyond The Scale” program is a holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that includes weight management. It’s an exciting time to join our team!
About the role & the team
We are looking for Product Designer to improve our Pre-Member experience.
Our Product Design team is a close-knit group of 20+ practitioners, each focused on UX design, visual design or experience research. The team is distributed between our offices in New York City and San Francisco.
We’re user-focused, believe deeply in user-centered innovation, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and product managers, in addition to dedicated resources from the Product Design team.
Our team is remarkably talented and growing fast, so this is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers. The Health & Wellness space is growing exponentially and as a designer here, your work will have an immediate meaningful impact on the lives of our members.
About the Work
You’ll work to understand the behaviors, motivations and goals associated with turning non-members into members. Applying this insight, you’ll deliver innovative designs that demonstrate how our award-winning program helps millions of people lead more healthy, active and fulfilling lives.
Your ultimate goal will be to improve our acquisition and sign-up-related KPIs, but you’ll also work to tailor the pre-member experience to the different kinds of prospects and to translate the questions that arise from our ongoing research program into testable solutions.
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work
- You’re a generalist with a sweet spot, or a specialist looking to broaden your skills
- You focus on UI and UX, understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user and articulate a clear design direction
- You believe in craftsmanship and create elegant and compelling designs
- You’re well versed in countless microinteractions on mobile and web, and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better
- You can prototype fast, make last-minute tweaks between user studies, know how to be extremely polished as well as quick and dirty
- You are able to navigate between greenfield exploration and tactical, iterative designs
- You can analyze data, interviews, research and translate your insights into actionable layouts, prototypes, and final designs
- You have designed for both consumer and internal facing audiences
- You’ve shipped multiple products
- You can share several shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you’ve learned along the way
- You’ve shipped something across several platforms and you know what translates from desktop to mobile and what doesn’t, or why you’d opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android
- You know what details matter at each stage of a release cycle, and how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right
- You know how to manage process and product
- You develop strong relationships with product managers, developers, and other designers
- You substantially contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’
- You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates
- You understand analytics and can think and talk about the company’s bottom line
- You have a deep sense of the company’s business model and what will move the needle
We hire only the best people. The benefits to being top-notch include:
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top