PR Manager, Media Relations
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
The PR Manager, Media Relations reports into the Director of U.S. PR and will work in partnership with the Senior Manager of U.S. PR and agency resources to drive business results, improve brand relevance and strengthen consumer reputation for Weight Watchers (WW) in the U.S. This valued role will act as the day-to-day lead for all consumer-facing media relations activities, helping to create and deliver communications strategies that spotlight program innovations and today’s WW consumer experience. The ideal candidate should have an expertise in public relations; close relationships with media in the consumer health/wellness/lifestyle space; a passion for health/wellness; and a results-driven approach.
- Day-to-day lead for all media relations activities, from strategy and story placement to measurement and optimization
- Collaborate with the U.S. PR team, corporate communications team, social media team and agency partners to develop consumer public relations plans, including media strategy and tactics designed to:
- Embody and bring to life the company’s mission to inspire healthy habits for real life
- Seed and build consumer demand for the new WW Freestyle program
- Drafts media strategy and materials (e.g., press release, pitches, Q&As, statements, etc.) for all U.S. consumer PR initiatives; continually refine positioning and messaging to support company initiatives
- Cultivate media relationships via regular in-person meetings with reporters; providing access to the WW program, executives, employees and members, etc.
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations opportunities, including:
- Collaborating with U.S. PR team, Corporate Communications team, social media team and agency to develop creative and newsworthy angles for national and local proactive pitches
- Vetting incoming media inquiries
- Maintaining relationships with leadership team and WW subject matter experts; ability to identify appropriate spokesperson for media opportunities
- Oversee strategy for local PR program, including:
- Communicating strategy and process internally
- Reviewing media approach and materials on a monthly basis
- Vetting incoming media inquiries, from both local media and employees
- Manage external resources, including PR agency, vendors and partners, to plan and execute media-related activities in a cost-efficient and productive manner.
- Maintain quality standards and consistency across all communications.
- Collaborate with internal team to measure impact of influencer activities and optimize accordingly
- 5-7 years of PR experience, ideally in media relations
- Bachelor’s Degree – Journalism, Business, Communications, and/or Marketing preferred
- Media-savvy across all types of media (broadcast, print and online)
- Track record of developing and maintaining a network of media relationships, including established relationships with general business, consumer, and entertainment
- Experience pitching for wellness and/or purpose-driven brands; passion for the WW business and brand potential is ideal
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Self-motivated; Ability to independently manage projects from brief to ideation to execution and reporting
- Very strong and creative writing and communication skills
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top