PR Manager, Influencer Relations
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
The PR Manager, Influencer Relations reports into the Director of U.S. PR and will work in partnership with the Senior Manager of U.S. PR and agency resources to drive business results, improve brand relevance and strengthen corporate reputation for Weight Watchers (WW) in the U.S. This strategically important role will act as the day-to-day lead for the influencer program, managing new and existing high-profile ambassadors on the WW program and help create and deliver communications strategies that spotlight program innovations and today’s WW consumer experience. The ideal candidate should have an expertise in public relations and a passion for health/wellness; s/he should also be energized by entertainment, music, film television, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture.
- Day-to-day lead for the Company’s influencer program, including managing new and existing high-profile ambassadors
- Collaborate with the U.S. PR team, corporate communications team, social media team and agency partners to develop public relations plans including strategy and tactics designed to:
- Embody and bring to life the company’s mission to inspire healthy habits for real life
- Leverage influencers (including high-profile ambassadors) to seed and build demand for the new WW Freestyle program
- Closely manage influencer relationships, including working directly with the professional team that supports high-profile ambassadors
- Secure and/or manage proactive and reaction media relations opportunities related to influencers, including:
- Vetting incoming media inquiries
- Developing influencer-related press materials including messages, press releases, Q&As, statements, etc.
- Collaborating with talent’s team internal team and agency to develop creative and newsworthy angles for national and local proactive pitches related to influencers
- Integrate across Global Team as well as cross-functional teams in the U.S. to finalize creative assets and secure influencer talent approval of assets
- Manage external resources, including PR agency, vendors and partners, to plan and execute influencer-related PR activities in a cost-efficient and productive manner
- Identify new influencer or third-party partnerships that would bring more cultural relevancy to brand
- Maintain quality standards and consistency across all communications
- Collaborate with internal team to measure impact of influencer activities and optimize accordingly
- 5-7 years of PR experience, ideally in entertainment & TV
- Passion, expertise and curiosity about entertainment, music, film television, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree – Journalism, Business, Communications, and/or Marketing preferred
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Self-motivated; Ability to independently manage projects from brief to ideation to execution and reporting
- Very strong and creative writing and communication skills
- Media-savvy across all types of media (broadcast, print and online)
- Track record of developing and maintaining a network of influencer relationships
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top