Performance Test Engineer
At Weight Watchers, we inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey. We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you, we invite you to explore our open positions.
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the
The Performance Engineer will work in small, highly collaborative teams and will apply experience and creativity to resolve a wide range of issues. Specific duties include: independently test the performance and capacity of products in development, which involves reviewing and analyzing system requirements and business needs; create test plan based on system level and including assessment of performance, capacity objectives and Document issue/defect in tracking tools such as Jira,
- Create test strategy, test plans and execute performance and load testing activities for large-scale, enterprise-class applications
- Gather non-functional requirements; such as system capacity projections, including API traffic volumes, servers, network, storage capacities, page response times, etc., to inform test planning
- Collect and analyze test results data describing the application’s performance characteristics/trends, and publish them to the wider team with commentary. Monitor systems under test, measure and record key performance indicators, analyze and interpret results
- Participate in root cause analysis and complex system performance investigations
- Drive performance / load test operations towards a CI pipeline model to support continuous performance improvements in the solution
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product architecture and become part of the ongoing improvement of the performance of our enterprise applications
- Discover thresholds and data impact
- Design and Develop automated Performance, Stability, Scalability, Reliability, and Load tests
- Participate in the constant improvement of our Performance Test Automation practices
- Architect and develop your own tools to facilitate and enhance Performance Testing
- Testing at the System, Sub-System, and Component level
- At least 5 years of professional technical experience in performance/load testing large-scale, enterprise-class software systems with complex architectures
- At least 3 years of experience in performance/load testing enterprise-class software systems using test tools such as Gatling, JMeter, BlazeMeter, LoadRunner/Performance Center, etc.
- Min 3 years of object oriented programming experience, with Java, Ruby, or Scala
- At least 3 years of experience in performance testing with APM/Diagnostics tools such as, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog
- Strong understanding of AWS Cloud technologies
- Must have experience with HTTP, HTTPS, XML, SQL, REST API testing and Linux.
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
- Work within Agile processes and contribute to release readiness reporting based on the outcome of performance testing activities
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top