At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
The Payroll Supervisor will lead and direct the activities of the Administrative Payroll staff. This includes: overseeing the daily activities of the team, monitoring workflow, assisting with system processing difficulties and problem resolution. The Supervisor also provides coaching, training, approves staff PTO requests, conducts 1 on 1 meetings and prepares performance reviews. This Payroll Supervisor also ensures that all deadlines are met and that a high degree of accuracy and compliance are achieved on all administrative payroll processing functions (4 Fed ID’s/multi state payrolls). You will also provide support and become knowledgeable on the duties of the Senior Payroll Specialist and Field Payroll Supervisor.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the Payroll staff. This includes overseeing workflow, approving PTO requests, conducting training, 1:1’s and preparing performance reviews.
- Oversees the reconciliation and balancing of all administrative payrolls, including the executive payroll. Reconciles year-end W2 reports in accordance with ADP deadlines.
- Oversees that all deadlines are met and that a high degree of accuracy is achieved on all data entered into the Payroll system.
- Effectively communicates all payroll policies and procedures to individuals at various levels in the organization.
- Monitors and implements procedural changes that affect payroll.
- Stays abreast of and confers with various departments to make necessary process and system additions/changes to accommodate changes in the law or new business requirements (i.e. – benefits, compensation, etc.).
- Prepares payroll analysis and assists with the implementation of pay and benefit related changes within the ADP systems.
- Ensures that all SOX requirements are adhered to by staff and that required checks and balances are working correctly.
- Reviews corporate policies to ensure they are being followed as they relate to payroll.
- Recommends new or revised procedures, improves efficiency, workflow and productivity. Develops and maintains the payroll operating procedures and monitors department metrics.
- Adheres to department service level agreement (SLA) of 24-48 hours and meets all payroll deadlines.
- Oversees abandoned property processing and ensures proper procedures are being followed in accordance with state laws; partners with Tax Department on resolving open issues.
- Is fluent in gross to net pay calculations; explains compensation calculations, including how to reconcile pay stubs and W2’s.
- Embrace and promotes the usage of electronic pay, including direct deposit, pay card and i-Pay statements.
- Creates and generates various payroll reports using ADP Payroll Systems and Payroll Report Writing Tools.
- Monitors ADP Connect Interface, troubleshoots exceptions and errors.
- Handles special projects and/or tasks as directed by the Payroll Manager.
- Associate’s Degree in relevant field (Accounting or Finance degree preferred)
- 3-5 years supervisory experience overseeing a large team in a fast paced environment multi state environment.
- Minimum 5-7 years full cycle multi-state payroll processing experience, which includes salaried and hourly employees and executive comp plans. Both weekly and bi-weekly payrolls.
- Is fluent in the entire hire to retire cycle, which includes being familiar with all new hire and change forms used to facilitate the payroll process.
- Knows the compensation rules and regulations at a state and federal level.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of payroll and time and attendance systems, utilizing data entry and reporting functionality within the systems that facilitate efficiency. Provides support to users as needed.
- Stays current with all new payroll legislation through training, documentation, and networking with others in the Payroll industry
- Aptitude with ERP systems with ability to exploit and promote standard functionality of the system
- Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work flexible schedules.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to arrange information according to specific rule(s)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong working knowledge of HRIS and Benefits.
- CPP certification (preferred)
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top