NOC – Operations Technical Lead
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. Our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives.” We’re leveraging technology and leading the way in the wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility, and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. Our “Beyond The Scale” program is a holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that includes weight management. It’s an exciting time to join our team!
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way!
We currently have 2 shifts open. For a Junior person we have open the 9-5 PM shift. For the Senior role we have the 12:00- 8:00 PM is open.
You and your team will manage mission-critical infrastructure, tools, and processes that ensure the highest levels of availability and reliability of all our websites. The role of Technical Operations Lead is for you if you are comfortable handling major incident responses, a strong technical team leader and driven to resolve technical issues across complex and distributed architectures. You must work cross-functionally among a variety of teams and be a core contributor in every significant engineering service or solution that we deliver to our stakeholders.
* Manage P1/P2 Incidents - Demonstrate expertise within Service Management processes and procedures to manage service impacting incidents
* Daily Proactive Monitoring and Issue Detection
* Incident and Problem Management with proper global communication
* Day to Day Operations Oversight
* Liaison with Engineering and DevOps Teams to enhance Monitoring
* Provide Performance metrics
* Oversee integration of new IT projects into Operational Support Processes
* 7 + years of industry experience
* Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background
* Demonstrated customer-service and communications skills at a management level.
* Strong technical knowledge across a variety of systems
* Experience generating/gathering Operational Metrics within a technology environment
* Experience documenting operational processes within a technology environment
* Ability to manage large workloads, while producing quality work in a fast pace environment with interruptions and deadlines
* Top-notch analytical skills; methodical and detail-oriented planner and problem-solver; ability to eliminate variables, prioritize requirements, identify root causes and present objective, organized information to customers, internal and external partners
* Familiarity with cross-platform scripting languages: python, bash, perl, or PowerShell
• Cloud experience (AWS) • Design/Build experience with data center monitoring solutions • Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
Generous healthcare coverage.
401(K) with company match.
Paid Time Off
Paid parental leave
Annual wellness allowance
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top