Manager, Quality Engineering
Manager, Quality Engineering
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is a global wellness company and the world’s leading commercial weight management program. We inspire millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. Through our engaging digital experience and face-to-face group meetings, members follow our livable and sustainable program that encompasses healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. With more than five decades of experience in building communities and our deep expertise in behavioral science, we aim to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about the Weight Watchers approach to healthy living, please visit www.weightwatchers.com. For more information about our global business, visit our corporate website at www.weightwatchersinternational.com.
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way!
As a Manager of Quality Engineering, you will manage a large team of full-time and consultant Engineers and be responsible for representing all functional and non-functional quality initiatives in a modern software development tech organization.
- Exhibit expertise of software development practices that inform successful agile process
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of automation development cycle and how it fits into an iteration
- Design and implement test automation strategy for multiple product development teams
- Cultivate an Onsite-Offshore experience by managing a large number onsite and offshore engineers
- Develop and standardize QA Processes for projects to align with overall QA goals
- Lead and train a dynamically changing team of testing resources
- Provide practical creative input to the software design and specification process
- Exhibit expertise in handling large scale programs/projects that involve multiple stakeholders (like Business, Dev, Ops, Product, UX)
- Maintain a leading-edge understanding of QA as related to interactive technologies best practices
- Incorporate best practices around test reporting, CI/CD, test maintenance
- Manage vendor relationships
- Contribute to process improvement by socializing and motivating the adoption of processes across multiple product teams
- Understand and navigate the complexity of testing on multiple platforms for a large number of users
- Develop, execute, and interpret load, stress, and other automated performance test results
- Report on state of Quality to product teams and ability to manage up and set expectations
- Solid Java or Ruby Programming chops (3+ years)
- Selenium Webdriver - good knowledge of the framework - must have actively utilized for 2 or more years to test web apps
- Mobile automation - must have working knowledge for 1 or more years to create automated tests for Mobile iOS and Android applications
- Expertise with Git/GitHub required. Experience using GitFlow / Github Flow. Familiarity with incorporating work with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, and Travis required. Knowledge of Maven, TestNG, Junit desirable
- Usage of Jira (or other similar issue/bug tracking systems) is required. Familiarity integrating with JIRA via APIs desirable
- Basic expertise with SQL is required. Expertise with No SQL databases such as MongoDB is desirable
- Basic knowledge of APIs including calling SOAP and REST end points using JSON and XML Data is required. Expertise with tools such as Charles, POSTMAN desirable
- Experience working with BDD (Behavior Driven Development) / ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) Frameworks is desirable. Experience with associated tech – Capybara, RestAssured, Espresso, XCTest, Gatling etc. desirable
- Bachelors in Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background
- Innate curiosity to imaginatively think through scenarios that affect end users, brainstorm and discuss with team members, document the scenarios and, devise testing strategies (with a bias towards automation) to cover the risks
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills and associated problem-solving skills is required
- Excellent communicator, comfortable presenting and defending the QA perspective to other team members. Ability to precisely respond and react in high-stress situations
- Strong interpersonal skills - will work in close-knit, small Agile teams. Must bring a "support the team" attitude, while balancing against defending high quality experiences for the end-user
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, Agile, continuous delivery environment
- Ability to work autonomously
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top