Manager of Tax Reporting & Compliance
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives”. We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. WW recently introduced “Beyond The Scale”, a new holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that encompasses the evolving needs, mindsets and science around weight management. This is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers!
The Manager of Tax Reporting & Compliance will oversee all areas of US tax accounting and compliance and be a significant liaison with corporate accounting, legal, corporate FP&A, and Treasury while also having significant interaction with external and internal auditors. This position reports to the VP of Tax.
- Prepare domestic income tax provision, consolidation of worldwide provision calculations, reconciliation of tax accounts, return to provision true ups, and review of all tax related journal entries
- Assist in the preparation and review of all financial statement disclosures/footnotes for SEC interim and annual filings
- Assist in the analysis and documentation of FIN 48 positions
- Monitor tax basis balance sheets for each of the Company’s domestic legal entities, overseeing the update and verification of all domestic deferred tax balances.
- Partner and collaborate with Corporate FP&A to gather information which will be used to forecast the annual effective tax rate
- Manage the US income tax compliance process. This includes the preparation of federal and state tax returns, administering tax software and timely electronically filing tax returns
- Assist in drafting responses to IDRs related to Federal and state audits
- Preparation of applicable documentation to support Sarbanes Oxley 404 tax controls and liaise with Internal Audit as required for SOX testing
- Assist with research projects, tax planning and corporate initiatives as necessary.
- 8-12 years of tax experience in Big 4 firm or large corporate tax department of multinational company
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA and/or MST preferred
- In-depth knowledge of ASC 740
- CorpTax Provision software experience required
- Fluent in Oracle, HFM, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry:
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top