Manager, External Communications
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. Our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives.” We’re leveraging technology and leading the way in the wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility, and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. Our “Beyond The Scale” program is a holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that includes weight management. It’s an exciting time to join our team!
As Manager, External Communications, you will be responsible for the ongoing execution of the Corporate Communications strategy as it comes to life with external stakeholders, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications. This high-visibility and strategically important role will use and develop your ability to create and deliver communications strategies and programs to position Weight Watchers as a thought leader and articulate the change journey for the brand.
- Execute external communications plans that support business objectives and build the corporate reputation through business and general audience media as well as speaking engagements
- Manage reactive media inquiries by vetting, providing a recommended approach, developing necessary materials (statement, Q&A, etc.), and liaising with journalists and executives
- Manage proactive media opportunities by identifying, providing a recommended approach, developing necessary materials (pitch, messaging, visual/experiential support, etc.), and liaising with journalists and executives
- Vet incoming speaking engagement requests for value and liaise with conference organizers
- Anticipate and prepare for issues and opportunities
- Develop, track and maintain detailed communication project plans and calendars/timelines to ensure successful delivery of communication
- Report on and analyze media coverage using IQ Media
- Create success metrics and use fact based methods in order to evaluate and improve communications
- Handle multiple projects and work well under pressure
- Ability to influence business leaders and executives
- Maintain quality standards and consistency across all communications
- Minimum 5 years of external communications experience
- Excellent communicator with proven track record of effectively project managing and delivering external communication campaigns
- Solid understanding of external communication techniques and corporate reputation best practices, experience in financial communications for a publicly traded company preferred
- Strong media relations and writing skills
- Excellent collaboration and relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Creative thinking and ability to think beyond the expected
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, journalism or related field required
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top