Instructional Designer (On-site)
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
This position will serve as an instructional designer and content manager on the Learning and Development team, primarily focusing on the Weight Watchers Contact Center population and reporting to the global instructional design lead. This position sits in our NYC office.
- Design impactful and engaging learning solutions using eLearning, classroom and webinar formats.
- Provide consultative partnership to the contact center team through collaboration with managers and business owners in order to identify skill gaps and recommend learning solutions.
- Demonstrate high level of expertise in content design on a variety of subjects, using adult learning principals and standards.
- Take ownership of training plans and follow up strategies with the contact center team.
- Develop and deliver Train the Trainer sessions for internal and vendor trainers as needed.
- Support strategic objectives and provide input and content expertise on Learning & Development initiatives as required.
- Manage content of our knowledge management system for accuracy and relevance.
- Be flexible and available to travel to the contact center and team meetings when needed.
- College Degree, ideally in an adult learning field
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in the learning and development field, preferably in a call center environment.
- Ability to clearly design and develop trainings that result in high performance learning based knowledge checks and learning activities
- Aptitude and capability to measure training effectiveness and employee performance
- Apply Adult Learning theory and instructional design for different delivery methods (instructor-led, virtual classroom, eLearning, other)
- Must be comfortable developing, delivering, and assessing (trainees) using remote-based delivery
- Ability to apply partnering strategies to interactions with contact center
- Ability to work independently in a changing environment
- Positive pro-active problem solving approach using member insights and company strategies
- Can easily adjust to changes in programs, content, and schedules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Internal customer service focus – strong interpersonal, relationship building, consultation and influencing skills
- Ability to observe employee performance, plus analyze and use data to seek continuous improvement in the business, after determining trend vs. one-off situations
- Ability to work out of our NYC or Kansas City office and travel as needed
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top