Full Stack Sr or Jr, Engineer
Uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting health-tech industry, Weight Watchers uses modern Lean and Agile practices as well as best of breed engineering practices to deliver leading consumer focused products. Weight Watchers places a major emphasis on mobile and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. This includes integrating with technologies such as Fitbit & iOS Health, as well as building custom, intuitive products to serve our millions of members.
As we rebuild many of our core experiences, we are seeking talented people who are excited to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to join a company embracing a modern Technology culture, where you will have the ability to improve people’s lives in a very meaningful way and have a major impact on Weight Watchers offerings to our members. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, you can be be part of the team that is leading the way.
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Full Stack Engineer/Tech Lead to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
What you will do:
- Program daily in Node.js, Ruby on rails, AngularJS, Express, Jade, Bootstrap and others.
- Build out restful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers.
- Build out unit tests and other automated tests.
- Build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Enable analytics via tag management and logs.
- Help define architectures and design patterns.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Answer technical inquiries on code base and product
- Lead the way with writing programmatic unit tests.
You should have:
- Real world web and service development experience.
- Experience with modern frameworks such as node.js, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS & Express.
- Experience with server-side templating languages like Jade, EJS, etc
- Experience with HTML & CSS frameworks such as bootstrap.
- Experience with web services API integration (Rest, JSON, XML).
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Experience modelling domain data in service and storage layers.
- Relational and/or NoSQL database experience such as MySQL, Postgres, Mongodb or Cassandra.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN, etc
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in mentoring and leading other Engineers
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry generous healthcare coverage.
401(K) with company match.
Paid Time Off
Paid parental leave
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top