Director, Social Media
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives”. We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. WW recently introduced “Beyond The Scale”, a new holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that encompasses the evolving needs, mindsets and science around weight management. This is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers!
This role reports to the SVP, Marketing and will lead the Social Media and Experiential initiatives for WW. This is a highly visible and strategic role and will manage a team of six. WW is a top brand with a powerful community and we are looking for a director to grow engagement, innovate and drive the business forward through social media. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in strategic planning within the social and digital space and experience developing and implementing highly successful social media campaigns.
- Develop the strategy and oversee the execution of strategic paid and organic social media initiatives that expand brand awareness, drive customer growth and ultimately increase conversion.
- Set campaign goals, analyze overall effectiveness of campaigns and identify areas of improvement.
- Oversee and manage planning, content, media, partnerships, and analytics across all social platforms
- Spearhead and advance brand’s social influencer and experiential strategies
- Lead, coach, and mentor the Social Media team
- Manage budgets and allocation of funds across social channels while closely monitoring and driving return on investment.
- Act as the advocate of social media within the Company, influencing overall site and business strategies
- Meet ongoing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Explore and implement social innovations and native integrations to increase business impact
- Serve as the company’s brand steward across all social media platforms
- Stay abreast of latest industry developments, trends, and shifts in the social landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Minimum 7-10 years of direct experience in Social Media with strong brand along with track record of success and career growth
- Must have minimum 3 years of management experience and leadership capability
- Strong Presentation skills as this role will present to senior leadership
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top