Director of Operations Application Systems
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives”. We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. WW recently introduced “Beyond The Scale", a new holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that encompasses the evolving needs, mindsets and science around weight management. This is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers!
The Director of Operations Application Systems will join at an exciting point on our journey as we enter the next phase of our organizational transformation, focused on overhauling our operational systems. From workforce management, to CRM, to point of sale and knowledge management (and more!) there are ambitious plans to radically transform the systems infrastructure that underpins much of our operations. This role will be a key part in the collaboration between our operations, product and tech teams to create a vision. This role will be pivotal in delivering all the business requirements and creating all the implementation plans to achieve that vision within agile methodology.
- As Director of Operations Application Solutions, you will be the business driver to transform and support all contact center and field operation applications including voice, chat, email, CRM, as well as key service provider systems including member enrollment, point of sale, scheduling and performance.
- Enable the best possible member experiences, satisfaction and value through our sizable, complex, multi-faceted, multi-channel service teams by helping them to operate effectively with improved systems capability, reduced costs, and greater efficiency.
- Create the best possible employee experiences (service providers and contact center) as they provide innovative member interactions with efficient and easy-to use field systems.
- Support our US Operations business, which is our largest function globally (7+ channels, 13k+ front line team members, 100+ field and call center managers, 8+ Directors and a Senior Ops leadership team of 4).
- Work closely with the Product and Tech teams; and be responsible for requirements development, user-acceptance testing and launch planning and execution using Weight Watcher’s agile methodology.
- This role will report directly to the VP of member experience and will manage one direct report to assist with the various initiatives.
- This is a high-profile role with considerable opportunity to make a significant impact to the organization’s overall performance
- Create and implement contact center and field systems strategy, business requirements, technical development review, user-acceptance testing, and launch planning and execution following Weight Watchers’ agile methodology
- Support large-scale enterprise-wide projects that incorporate a proactive and innovative tech solutions to addressing business challenges and achieving organizational goals and objectives. Integrates how the big picture of the initiatives comes together from definition through implementation.
- Support development of clear case for change, desired outcomes, accurate scope, clear roles and decision-making.
- Support initiative teams with skills in process excellence, business requirements identification and articulation, facilitation, problem solving, accelerating transformation and value creation to drive toward required outcomes. Surfaces capacity, pacing, resourcing issues and any other red flag issues needing leadership attention.
- Ensure the right operational initiatives are undertaken and the benefits are being fully realized
- Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and communications. Ensures timelines are adhered to for initiatives by keeping executives aware of any red flags concerning the timing or integration process
- Current Systems include MEG, CHAMP, WORKSMART, and CAT/WAT
- Systems in progress include: CRM, Twilio Task Router, Voice, eMail and Chat and KM
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum ten-years’ experience overall related experience, plus minimum three years leadership experience as an Operations Systems implementation leader
- Large scale, national, multi-site service or hospitality experience as well as some experience working in an entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and application solving experience from the business perspective
- Has a proven track record in enabling KPI improvement and cost reduction
- Highly collaborative with a demonstrated ability to build strong, credible relationships across functions
- Able to communicate highly complex information clearly for all levels and audiences
- High degree of critical thinking skill to evaluate options, prioritize work efforts and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Critical thinker with expertise in application solving, business process, business requirements, user-acceptance testing, and launch planning.
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top