Consumer Products - Licensing Associate
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
The WW Consumer Products team is focused on delivering the Weight Watchers experience to weight and health conscious consumers, as well as WW Members.
The Licensing Associate role will be focused on consumer products sold in the retail channel. We manage a portfolio of consumer products goods across the Grocery, Frozen and Non-Consumables areas of the store in multiple retail channels – such as mass merchants and grocery retailers. Our retail consumer products are primarily Weight Watchers branded or co-created with another brand.
We are seeking an energetic, creative and detail oriented Licensing Associate to join our team. This role will support our portfolio, working closely with internal and external partners to execute our multi-faceted marketing plans across channels, and assist in packaging and product development. Reporting to the Licensing Manager, this position will also support the P&L in budget tracking and ensuring licensees meet contractual requirements.
- Day to day contact with key licensing business contacts including sales and brand/marketing teams
- Assist in executing the marketing plan for the Licensed & Endorsed portfolio of products aligned with the strategic direction
- Develop marketing collateral working with Licensees, Agency partners and internal WW teams to execute timely delivery of artwork including Email, Social, Shopper Marketing, Recipe Development and other vehicles
- Develop and deliver staff communications to our national field organization
- Review partner materials to ensure Weight Watchers brand is correctly represented by outside partners and clearly communicates the benefits of our products as a tool to Weight Watchers members. This includes reviewing comments with WW Legal & Science/Nutrition teams
- Coordination of monthly licensing partner calls, and delivery of annual contract compliance requirements
- Contribute to analytics efforts of marketing vehicles including coupon redemption tracking, collection of sales and partner agency reporting, etc.
- Gather quarterly sales forecasts from licensees and assist in analyzing them to help effectively manage the P&L
- Maintain the department budget tracker with invoice management and set up PO’s for all projects.
- Assist in business development by coordinating calls with identified vendors and setting up samplings/tastings
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field required.
- Must have 2-3 years of work experience
- Experience developing and executing marketing plans for non-consumable and consumable products preferred
- Requires strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task regularly and problem-solve
- Self-motivated; Ability to independently manage projects from brief to execution and reporting
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficiency in written communications and ability to adapt language for different audiences
- Eager to learn and develop with an interest in licensing and consumer packaged goods
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top