Android Software Engineer
At Weight Watchers, we inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey. We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you, we invite you to explore our open positions.
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way!
You will leverage your knowledge in Android to implement library modules that help bring our Android apps to life.
- Work with the latest and greatest Android libraries, architectures, and practices
- Ensure engineering excellence to deliver robust, secure, modular, and high performance apps
- Work in a traditional SCRUM software lifecycle: Code, debug, test, ship
- Write and implement unit tests in Kotlin!
- Work on our internal SDK tools and services.
- Lead architectural migration to MVVM & code migration to Kotlin!
- Performs constructive design and code reviews while mentoring junior developers
- 3+ years experience with full lifecycle Android development
- Android API 23 & up
- Excellent command of the Android SDK, Java 7, and functional programming
- Must have experience with RecyclerView
- Must Have Retrofit 1 or 2 experience
- Knowledge of the following Android libraries: RxJava 2, Retrofit 2, EventBus & Dagger 2
- Android Support Libraries, Constraintlayout
- Solid understanding in data structures, algorithms, OO design, and MVVM architecture
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Debugging skills and knowledge with common analytic tools
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top