Android Engineering Manager
Android Engineering Manager
Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. Our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives.” We’re leveraging technology and leading the way in the wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility, and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. Our “Beyond The Scale” program is a holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that includes weight management. It’s an exciting time to join our team!
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using Weight Watchers’ Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We’ve built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way!
As the Android Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for growing, mentoring and leading our Android team to build the best Android experience in the health and fitness space.
- Work with the latest and greatest Android libraries, architectures, and practices
- Ensure engineering excellence to deliver robust, secure, modular, and high performance apps
- Work in a traditional SCRUM software lifecycle: Code, debug, test, ship
- Write and implement unit tests in Kotlin!
- Work on our internal SDK tools and services.
- Lead architectural migration to MVVM & code migration to Kotlin!
- Performs constructive design and code reviews while mentoring junior developers
- 6+ years of full lifecycle Android development: Android API 23 & up
- Leading a small to medium team of Android Engineers
- Excellent command of the Android SDK, Java 7, and functional programming
- Knowledge of the following Android libraries:
- RxJava 2
- Retrofit 2
- Dagger 2
- Android Support Libraries, RecyclerViews, ConstraintLayout
- Solid understanding in data structures, algorithms, OO design, and MVVM architecture
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Debugging skills and knowledge with common analytic tools
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top