Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master
Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based, and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
As a Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master, you will manage day-to-day aspects of one or more teams, which includes leading Agile meetings (Backlog, Planning, Review, Retrospectives, and Daily Stand Ups) and be an advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams.
- Manage projects around business and technology initiatives to deliver results in support of Weight Watchers Digital, Retail and Back office Products
- Be a strong Servant leader with the proven ability to coach and motivate cross-functional teams throughout the organization to deliver high quality and achieve desired customer outcomes.
- Think strategically to minimize scope complexity, manage challenges, drive to established milestones, escalate when timelines are at risk and provide mitigation plans
- Partner with the Product, Technology and Business teams to deliver to business priorities.
- Keep a positive energy despite setbacks and encourage the team to develop solutions and make decisions to support the team goals. Listen well to better understand challenges.
- Be self-motivated, self-aware, self-disciplined and self-improving.
- Take Ownership and personal responsibility to ensure that the Weight Watchers Product Development methodology is followed and the team delivers quality results.
- Identify & Remove Blockers and impediments. Identify root causes, evaluate impact and smartly separate what must be done well now vs what can be improved later.
- Be an agent to facilitate ongoing transformation within teams and support the overall implementation within the Weight Watchers organization. Hold powerful, blameless retrospectives within their team in order to create a culture of learning and adoption.
- Deliver clear, concise communications. Communicate to Agile Project and Technology management progress and risks. Radiate information to keep the team and the Weight Watchers organization aware. Demonstrate ease of reporting issues/impediments and their implications to the project and/or organization.
- Model the ability to communicate to all audiences, consistent preparedness, personal drive, focus, organization and efficiency on the Agile Project Management team. Maintain a calm poise in stressful situations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP and/or CSM certification preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management using Waterfall and Agile Practices and methodologies including SCRUM
- Experience with project delivery of consumer facing digital products, Retail products and IT Technologies
- 8 +years of experience in the software/system development industry preferred
- Experience using Project Management Tools (Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Excel and Visio)
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Superior project management skills including: communications management, risk management and issue management
- Think strategically and support your teams to develop solutions to complex problems
- Structured approach based on prior learnings to create, maintain, and own project artifacts and facilitate project ceremonies
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with Product Managers, Engineers, QA teams and Sr. Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate
- Expertise in online subscription business models, a plus
- Expertise with an organization that transitioned from Waterfall to Agile, a plus.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top