Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. At Weight Watchers our mission is to “inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives”. We are transforming our half-century old company by leveraging technology and leading the way in the health and wellness arena with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals. WW introduced “Beyond The Scale”, an holistic approach to a healthier, happier life that encompasses the evolving needs, mindsets and science around weight management. This is an exciting time to join Weight Watchers!
Work in collaboration with the US accounting team to ensure accuracy and integrity of North America financial information in support of overall business objectives. Preparation of monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as well as ad hoc analysis as needed. Evaluates and identifies areas for continuous improvement to streamline processes
- Preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet recs
- Monitor the integrity of the general ledger
- Manage month-end close process
- Support field operations with finance/accounting related questions
- Provides hands-on guidance to staff on issue resolution
- Training of new employees
- Prepare and review of monthly financial statements to present to management
- Close accounting periods timely
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Inventory accounting
- Licensing/publishing accounting
- Identify improvements to automate existing manual processes
- Assist with special projects (i.e. system implementations, operation initiatives, etc)
- Document internal controls and procedures
- Prepare workpapers and required schedules for audit and quarterly reviews
- 4 year accounting degree
- 5+ years public/private accounting experience
- Monthly close experience
- Solid knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle (or similar GL systems)
- Strong systems knowledge
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Independent problem solving skills
Offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Meet Some of Weight Watchers's Employees
Associate Product Manager
Anastasia works on ways to make sure new Weight Watchers members are set up for success from the moment they join the program by tracking and implementing processes that support healthy behavior.
Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
Reema leads strategy and execution for the Social Media Team across creative, brand advocacy, and experiential activations. This includes overseeing content that is published across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter, as well as managing the company’s brand ambassador program.
Back to top