Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, home warranty, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more.
Wedgewood is currently seeking a full-time Transaction Coordinator to join our team! Our company specializes in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes (acquiring and selling REOs, foreclosures, and other distressed properties). Over the past 30 years, our company has built a longstanding reputation for its assorted multidisciplinary endeavors.
The Transaction Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Broker Assistant with all aspects of the escrow process for each asset including but not limited to collecting all information, documentation, following up on contractual items, and ensuring completed files are in compliance with internal company and department of real estate policies by state.
What you'll do:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reviews contract for missing signatures, dates, verifies terms and confirms that all necessary information is entered in the internal system.
- Reviews and prepares required real estate disclosure forms and ensures that all documents are returned fully executed prior to the closing of escrow for each file.
- Coordinates the repairs with the property manager as negotiated on the contract and repair request form and follows through until agreed repairs (if any) are completed.
- Responsible for ordering and/or following up on contractual required reports to include but not limited to termite, appraisal, home inspection and city required inspections / reports (if applicable)
- Responsible for daily/weekly follow up with broker assistant, mortgage, escrow, title and appraisal companies for status of completion on contractual items.
- Performs pre-audit of transaction file prior to close of escrow to confirm all documents have been returned fully executed. Prepares and sends correspondence to appropriate party to gather missing documents.
- Manage all escrow transaction files in compliance with company and department of real estate regulations as applicable by state.
- Maintains electronic filing system for each asset and verifies all required documents have been received and uploaded to internal electronic filing system.
- Ensures that all terms of the contract are followed through for a successful closing.
What you'll need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Degree preferred but not required
- 3+ years Real Estate transaction coordinator experience
- Residential real estate contract knowledge is a HUGE plus
- Strong attention to detail with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Sharp attention to detail and highly organized
- Effectively be able to multi-task
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Service oriented mindset and commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Computer Proficiency
What's in it for you:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Meet Some of Wedgewood's Employees
Andrew provides analysis on properties, determining their value based on appraisals, PPO reports, and market analysis.
Back to top