Senior Transaction Coordinator
Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, home warranty, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more.
The Broker Assistant acts as a liaison between agents, escrow companies, and mortgage brokers during the escrow process. The broker assistant will collaborate with the managing broker on all deal points to strategize and create most optimal outcome for each asset. The broker assistant will be well versed in all aspects of the real estate industry and must have real estate documentation experience.
What you'll do:
- Primary liaison between agents, escrow, title and mortgage companies
- Responsible for negotiating offers and terms during escrow process.
- Reviews and ensures all necessary information is entered in the internal system.
- Responsible for creation and ensuring accuracy of all transaction documents.
- Responsible for sending all transaction disclosures to cooperating real estate agent, escrow and mortgage company
- Coordinates the repair negotiations and follows through until agreed repairs (if any) are completed.
- Responsible for coordinating with cooperating real estate agent, the completion of important transactional deadlines for each escrow to include but not limited to removal of inspection, loan, appraisal, and repair contingencies as negotiated.
- Responsible for drafting written communication and managing correspondence to all parties of the escrow transaction.
- Collaborate with managing broker to strategize and create the most optimal outcome for each asset after considering all factors
- Create and Modify CAR Forms or the region's respective association forms for Realtors & Broker
- Responsible for maintaining customized in-house database
- Answer incoming phone calls/emails and manage daily operations of the Broker's office
- Responsible for ensuring files are in compliance with internal policies and department of real estate policies for the respective region.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent real estate experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- 3+ years' experience in real estate
- Real estate license not required, but preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with solid clerical/administrative background
- Able to handle 30-50+ closings a month
- Strong contract knowledge or the ability to learn new contracts as they vary from region to region
- Ability to effectively negotiate terms of sale and manage deals through escrow
- Strong phone and customer service skills
- Organized and able to multi task with interruptions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and contracts each day
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
What's in it for you:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Back to top