Second in Command Pilot
Advanced Air, LLC is a full service charter and aircraft management company that operates a fleet of King Air 350s, Pilatus PC-12s, Lear Jet 45/75, Challenger 604 and Gulfstream 3 located at Jack Northrop Field in Hawthorne, California. Advanced Air is a FAA approved, Part 135, On-Demand and Scheduled Air Carrier. Certificated in 2007, Advanced Air has grown from one King Air 350 to 14 aircraft and 35 pilots. Advanced Air’s home base is at Jet Center Los Angeles, located adjacent to the 105 freeway approximately 3 miles from LAX on the grounds of Hawthorne Airport (KHHR). Jet Center Los Angeles is a full service FBO with over 100,000 sf of hangar space 45,000 of that new constructed in 2016 and another 75,000 SF underway to be developed in 2018. Jet Center Los Angeles FBO was a Million Air franchise for about five years, but transitioned to its own brand about 2011. Jet Center Los Angeles is a premier, full-service FBO located at Jack Northrop Field in Hawthorne, California, which is the most convenient airport in Los Angeles. Jet Center is staffed with professionals who are trained to the highest industry standards. Jet Center is the closest airport to Downtown and the most convenient location for all of your West Los Angeles destinations.
This position is for Second in Command (SIC) of a turboprop (King Air 350) and requires a strong ability to multi-task, making high-level complex decisions while completing a variety of aviation-related tasks.
This job primarily operates in a turboprop (King Air 350). The Second in Command’s main responsibility is to call the PIC’s attention to any deviation from regulations, Company policy or safe operating practices.
What you'll do:
- Assist the pilot-in-command during all phases of flight in accordance with operating policies and procedures
- Perform a visual pre-flight (walk-around) inspection prior to each flight
- Perform a visual post-flight (walk-around) after each flight
- Assume primary responsibility for the safety of the passengers, crewmembers, cargo, and the aircraft should the pilot-in-command become incapacitated or unable to perform his/her duties.
- Have primary operational responsibility for successfully completing the customer service portions of each leg as outlined in the policies and procedures manual.
- Review thoroughly and brief the pilot-in-command specifically on all customer service items including, but not limited to passenger pick up, passenger drop off, refueling, customs, private hangar pick up/drop off private hangar communications requirements, and passenger catering.
- Comply with all Federal Aviation Regulations, Company Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, and Company Policies and Procedures
- INITIAL NEW-HIRE Consists of all ground training curriculum segments in their entirety, with the aircraft ground being specific to the type(s) of aircraft in which the airman is to qualify. The flight training will cover all required events and maneuvers with none being waived by the qualified flight instructor. Crewmember Training will be recorded on AA Training Form 301.
- Update flight and duty records, determine eligibility for the next flight assignment and ensure any aircraft maintenance discrepancies are reported to the Captain and reported in accordance with operating policy and procedure
- Participate proactively in safety and quality systems by identifying, reporting and mitigating hazards and quality issues. Provide timely input to management and apply systems processes to address quality and safety issues. Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the pilot-in-command, the Chief Pilot or higher authority
What you'll need:
- 500 hours Fixed Wing
- First Class Medical
- No Aviation Incidents or Accidents
- ATP Multi-Engine ( 10+ Multi-engine hours )
- 91/135 Experience Preferred
- Must Live Within 2 Hours of HHR (Hawthorne Airport- upon employment)
- US Passport
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
Advanced Air offers our team members a competitive compensation, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, Pilot Quality of Life Meetings and Pilot Dinners, Relay Races, Volunteer activities, and more.
In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Advanced Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Meet Some of Wedgewood's Employees
Andrew provides analysis on properties, determining their value based on appraisals, PPO reports, and market analysis.
Back to top