Sales Associate- Top Gun
Founded in 2014 by it’s parent companies Wedgewood Inc. and HMC Assets LLC, CIVIC Financial Services is a well-capitalized lending-arm of the Wedgwood Companies. CIVIC is a fast growing lender and plays a critical role in the vertically integrated real estate company located in North Redondo Beach. Wedgewood is a buyer of distressed residential real estate and has completed more than 25,000 fix and flip transactions since its inception. CIVIC was started to provide synergistic opportunities within the company and to fund business purpose and residential investment loans for real estate buyers and investors.
The Jr. Sales Associate is an introductory role for CIVIC within the Private Money Lending Industry. The position offers dynamic training to high potential and career driven sales professionals. The Jr. Sales Associate will complete a 6 week training program with the end goal of graduating to a Sales Assistant and eventually an Account Executive. The main responsibility of this role is to complete required classes, examinations, and tollgates to graduate to a Sales Assistant. The Jr. Sales Associate will learn all facets of mortgage lending, private money lending, real estate investment, and about CIVIC product offerings and process flow. Upon developing a deep understanding of CIVIC operations, at times they will shadow and provide support to a Senior Account Executive.
What you'll do:
- Attend classes and self-study to learn about the industry and CIVIC
- Pass all required examinations towards graduation into the Sales Assistant role
- Able to work cooperatively with teammates for group exercises, presentations, and projects
- Complete a large amount of mock sales scenarios and cases to practice all duties that an Account Executive is required to complete in their job role
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not mandatory– great opportunity for new grads!
- Two years of sales experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with excellent follow up
- High level of integrity and trust
- Flexible and adaptable, learns and reacts quickly in a fast paced environment; able to multi-task
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative to get things done
- Some experience in the mortgage industry, but not required
- Necessary computer programs knowledge and use: Microsoft Outlook (email), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, imaging system and the internet
- Self-motivated to learn new skills and concepts
- Able to accept constructive feedback and implement it quickly and accurately
- Flexible and ability to adapt to change quickly
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must show strong initiative
- Must work well in a fast paced team driven environment
What's in it for you:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Company: Civic Financial Services
Meet Some of Wedgewood's Employees
Andrew provides analysis on properties, determining their value based on appraisals, PPO reports, and market analysis.
Back to top