Residential Construction Manager - Houston, TX
Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, home warranty, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more.
Wedgewood Inc. is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager (PM II) to join our team! Although 30 years in the making, Wedgewood still operates with the enthusiasm of a startup, empowering its 500+ employees to constantly look for and develop opportunities in the real estate space.
Do you have a passion for the real estate investment industry? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. You will be overseeing multiple renovation projects, so time management and decision-making skills are critical to being successful in this role.
What you'll do:
- Drive-by properties to conduct inspections prior to acquisition
- Determine rehab and design strategy; exhibit confidence and make decisions independently
- Collect estimates, submit bids
- Manage multiple single family renovation projects at any given time
- Select and manage contractors, subcontractors, and vendors while consistently pursuing and cultivating additional relationships
- Regularly drive inventory to conduct property checks and ensure projects remain on schedule
- Communicate with other departments to ensure properties are moved through the pipeline quickly, correctly and efficiently
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Construction Management degree is a big plus
- Experience with single family home remodels required; 2-5 years of experience strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience with renovations in the region
- Established relationships with local vendors/contractors and ability to cultivate new relationships
- Intelligence, diligence, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude
- Aptitude with computers and mobile devices, i.e. iPads, etc.
- Valid driver's license
- Local candidates only
What's in it for you:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Meet Some of Wedgewood's Employees
Andrew provides analysis on properties, determining their value based on appraisals, PPO reports, and market analysis.
Back to top