Residential Construction Manager
Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, home warranty, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more.
Are you looking for an important position in real estate investment and construction management? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments? Do you possess the ability to take initiative and constantly think ahead? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We began with a very small team more than three decades ago and since then have grown into a nationally recognized leader in the real estate investment industry. If you’re looking for a company that provides endless opportunities in multiple verticals with a limitless career path, you’ve found it. Wedgewood Incorporated is seeking an experienced Residential Construction Manager to work with our passionate team. If working with a dynamic, thriving company with unlimited potential intrigues you, it’s time we talk. No other company has the experience and vision that Wedgewood has. If your time management skills complement your on-the-spot decision making prowess, this is your job.
What you'll do:
- Engages in live bidding at the local courthouse as needed.
- Frequently drives by properties to conduct inspections prior to acquisition.
- Supports Acquisition and Design departments in a leading role
- Interfaces with the Design team and Supervisor to formulate game plan for property.
- May be present for lockouts and trashouts from time to time.
- Responsible for collectively determining the best exit strategy for each property as well as the budget constraints.
- Collects estimates and submits bids from contractors/subcontractors.
- Resolves difficult property issues, provides guidance to contractors, and advises regional construction project manager on the status of properties.
- Selects and manages contractors, and continuously pursues relationships with new contractors/subs/vendors.
- Drive inventory regularly and check in on properties to ensure projects remain on schedule.
- Manages 10 to 30 projects at any given time.
- Supports development of assistant construction project managers
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, Construction Management is a plus.
- Experience with construction project management/single family home remodels is required; 2-5 years of experience is ideal.
- Experience in real estate or appraising is preferred, a minimum of 1 year is ideal.
- Proficient with computers, mobile devices, and applications i.e. iPads, Microsoft Word, Outlook and basic Excel, etc. is a must.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once, take initiative and think on the go.
- Must be a detail-oriented person, problem solver, leader and have a positive attitude!
- Valid driver's license.
- Local candidates only.
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
Back to top