Residential Construction Manager
Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more. We are a unique combination of an established 30 year old company that has been able to keep its start-up feel.
Are you looking for an important position in real estate investment and construction management? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments? Do you possess the ability to take initiative and constantly think ahead? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We began with a very small team more than three decades ago and since then have grown into a nationally recognized leader in the real estate investment industry. If you’re looking for a company that provides endless opportunities in multiple verticals with a limitless career path, you’ve found it.
Why you should apply:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
- Have you ever worked for a company that allowed you to invest alongside them? With Wedgewood’s In-house Investment Programs, you get to participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer homeownership & loan programs.
- Have you worked for a company that will help you pay off your student loans? Wedgewood recognizes the importance of quality education so we have partnered up with Gradifi to assist you with your student loans.
- Are you passionate about making a difference? This is a great place to contribute to the community! Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
- Do you believe in the work-hard play-hard lifestyle? You can expect to get invited to various company sponsored events throughout the course of the year. Past events have included sporting events, happy hour, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
- Thinking about renovating your home? We offer exclusive discounts at Home Depot!
Wedgewood Incorporated is seeking an experienced Residential Construction Manager to work with our passionate team. If working with a dynamic, thriving company with unlimited potential intrigues you, it’s time we talk. No other company has the experience and vision that Wedgewood has. If your time management skills complement your on-the-spot decision making prowess, this is your job.
What you'll do:
- Engages in live bidding at the local courthouse as needed.
- Frequently drives by properties to conduct inspections prior to acquisition.
- Supports Acquisition and Design departments in a leading role
- Interfaces with the Design team and Supervisor to formulate game plan for property.
- May be present for lockouts and trashouts from time to time.
- Responsible for collectively determining the best exit strategy for each property as well as the budget constraints.
- Collects estimates and submits bids from contractors/subcontractors.
- Resolves difficult property issues, provides guidance to contractors, and advises regional construction project manager on the status of properties.
- Selects and manages contractors, and continuously pursues relationships with new contractors/subs/vendors.
- Drive inventory regularly and check in on properties to ensure projects remain on schedule.
- Manages 10 to 30 projects at any given time.
- Supports development of assistant construction project managers
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, Construction Management is a plus.
- Experience with construction project management/single family home remodels is required; 2-5 years of experience is ideal.
- Experience in real estate or appraising is preferred, a minimum of 1 year is ideal.
- Proficient with computers, mobile devices, and applications i.e. iPads, Microsoft Word, Outlook and basic Excel, etc. is a must.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once, take initiative and think on the go.
- Must be a detail-oriented person, problem solver, leader and have a positive attitude!
- Local candidates only
Back to top