Part-time Customer Service Representative
Advanced Air, LLC is a growing charter operation located in the center of Los Angeles’ aviation cradle along with sister company Jet Center Los Angeles at the Hawthorne Airport, KHHR. In operation since 2007, Advanced Air maintains a perfect safety record while continuing to grow as a major player in the LA region’s charter market. Currently, the fleet consists of King Air 350s, Pilatus PC12's, Lear 45s/75, and a Challenger 604 with plans for adding more aircraft over the next twelve months. Advanced Air is an FAA approved, Part 135, On-Demand and Scheduled Air Carrier.
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service by handling information inquiries, reservations, ticketing, passenger check-in, baggage check-in, and problem resolution for all Advanced Air (AA) passengers and potential passengers/guests.
What you'll do:
- Greet and provide outstanding service to all AA customers and guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner;
- Answers telephone to provide information, resolve problems or complaints, and assist as needed;
- Handle all aspects of reservations, ticketing, check-in, seat assignment, passenger boarding, and baggage service;
- May handle cash, checks, credit cards, and travel vouchers as forms of payments for tickets;
- Responsible for working with passengers who wish to make flight changes or cancellations as well as informing customers when a flight has been delayed or cancelled;
- Provide current and accurate fare, schedule, gate, flight arrival and departure information, as well as answer general inquires both in-person and over the telephone;
- Provide check-in assistance, ticketing changes, re-booking of itineraries and special service requests for passengers;
- Board/deplane flights and escort passengers to and from aircraft in a timely and efficient manner, and assist passengers, as needed;
- Maintain Advanced Air brand standards and consistency in the ground experience;
- Identify opportunities to retain customers and increase customer satisfaction;
- Maintain positive customer relations at all times by using good judgment and the ability to multi-task;
- Ensures FAA, Airline, and Airport regulations are followed at all times;
- Enforces safety/security measures and protects sensitive zones;
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
What you'll need:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to push/pull/lift 50 lbs. for extended periods of time
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Must be 21 years or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Positive attitude and winning personality
- Passion for people and delivering top-notch service
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in a service or hospitality related environment desired.
- Be able to create a relationship that builds trust, so a customer feels they have a go-to person for special requests or unique concerns that require extra attention.
- Manage schedules and people: Keep up with ever-changing schedules, coordinate across departments to ensure pending items are being completed.
- Organizational and Multi-tasking skills: Agents must be able to do several things with constant interruptions.
- Problem solving: Agents face all kinds of problems and issues and must readily solve these to the satisfaction of guests, using exceptional judgment aligning with Advanced Air values and common sense.
- Recordkeeping: May need to maintain guest records and supervise customers.
- May be required to obtain a Secured Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge for certain airports.
- Will be required to meet all local airport and TSA requirements.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime, as needed
- Pass FAA Drug and Alcohol testing, background checks and submit to random drug test when required
- Travel may be required for this position, specifically for networking events dealing with the charter department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms Routinely handle objects weighing up to 25 lbs. and on occasion may be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Advanced Air is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Advanced Air without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top