Director of Safety and Security
Advanced Air, LLC is a full service charter and aircraft management company that operates a fleet of King Air 350s, Pilatus PC-12s, Lear Jet 45/75, Challenger 604 and Gulfstream 3 located at Jack Northrop Field in Hawthorne, California. Advanced Air is a FAA approved, Part 135, On-Demand and Scheduled Air Carrier. Certificated in 2007, Advanced Air has grown from one King Air 350 to 14 aircraft and 35 pilots. Advanced Air’s home base is at Jet Center Los Angeles, located adjacent to the 105 freeway approximately 3 miles from LAX on the grounds of Hawthorne Airport (KHHR). Jet Center Los Angeles is a full service FBO with over 100,000 sf of hangar space 45,000 of that new constructed in 2016 and another 75,000 SF underway to be developed in 2018. Jet Center Los Angeles FBO was a Million Air franchise for about five years, but transitioned to its own brand about 2011. Jet Center Los Angeles is a premier, full-service FBO located at Jack Northrop Field in Hawthorne, California, which is the most convenient airport in Los Angeles. Jet Center is staffed with professionals who are trained to the highest industry standards. Jet Center is the closest airport to Downtown and the most convenient location for all of your West Los Angeles destinations.
Director of Safety and Security is responsible for the administration of the company Safety Management System (SMS) program and functions as the Chairman of the Safety Committee. This position monitors safety issues, provides safety education, investigates incidents and accidents, acts as a resident expert on safety matters, helps to develop loss control standards, and makes recommendations to improve safety in the workplace.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the Safety Management System (SMS) program and for overall safety of Company facilities by promoting safe work practices, decreasing safety violations, reducing injury rates, and working cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service
- Administer and monitor Training and Safety Plans including NATA Professional Line Service Training (PLST). Enroll personnel as required.
- Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to Senior Management.
- Monitors and interprets regulations and communicates the impact of challenging or emerging regulations to Senior Management. Coordinates the implementation of any new safety, environment or health regulations.
- Analyzes and evaluates safety/ emergency training requirements. Researches, writes, and creates new safety/ emergency training materials based on facility needs. Update safety/ emergency training programs in order to keep training current with new techniques and aircraft manufacturer recommendations
- Create, distribute, and document distribution, of prescribed company training and safety materials. Maintain site safety/ emergency training records and internal quality assurance inspections.
- Conduct internal safety and environmental site audits on a regular basis to ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations. Complete risk analysis and address root cause. Monitor hazards/reports and implement corrective action if warranted/
- Prepares for and coordinates external safety audits to verify compliance with IS-BAO, IS-BAH, ACSF and ARGUS safety standards.
- Oversees the management of Advanced Air’s Security Program.
- Conduct post-accident/post-incident safety reviews of practices and employees involved. Report findings and make recommendations to the General Manager on appropriate level of action
- Initiate emergency and incident response procedures as required.
- Be thoroughly familiar with Spill Reporting requirements and immediate action procedures.
What you'll need:
- MBAA- Emergency Response Preparedness certificate
- Accident/Incident Response Preparedness course completed
- Five (5) years of professional experience in aviation safety and risk management which includes at least three (3) years of experience working in an aviation regulatory environment (e.g. FAR 139, FAR 121, etc.) collaborating, training, negotiating agreements, managing data, developing programs and initiatives. This experience must include three (3) years supervising professionals;
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Completion of an OSHA Industrial Safety 10 or 30 hour course
- NATA Certification
- NATA Supervisor Training the Trainer Certification
- Responsible Decision Making Skills
- Knowledge of applicable safety principles and practices
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong knowledge of aviation.
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid state driver s license and at least 18 years of age
- Pass FAA Drug and Alcohol testing, background checks and submit to random drug test when required
- Must be available to work flexible hours when required
Advanced Air offers our team members a competitive compensation, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, Pilot Quality of Life Meetings and Pilot Dinners, Relay Races, Volunteer activities, and more.
In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Advanced Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Back to top