Assistant Residential Construction Manager - San Antonio, TX
Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, home warranty, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more.
Are you looking for an entry-level position in real estate investment and construction management? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments? Do you possess the ability to take initiative and constantly think ahead? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We began with a very small team more than three decades ago and since then have grown into a nationally recognized leader in the real estate investment industry. If you’re looking for a company that provides endless opportunities in multiple verticals with a limitless career path, you’ve found it. Wedgewood Incorporated is seeking an experienced Assistant Construction Project Manager to work with our passionate team. If working with a dynamic, thriving company with unlimited potential intrigues you, it’s time we talk. No other company has the experience and vision that Wedgewood has. If your time management skills complement your on-the-spot decision making prowess, this is your job.
What you'll do:
- Support acquisitions team by bidding on properties at the local courthouse
- Drive-by properties to conduct inspections prior to acquisition
- Determine rehab and design strategy; exhibit confidence and make decisions independently
- Assist Senior Project Managers in collecting estimates/submitting bids
- Assist in the selection of contractors, subcontractors, and vendors while consistently pursuing and cultivating additional relationships through networking, cold calling, etc.
- Regularly drive inventory to conduct property checks and ensure projects remain on schedule
- Oversee lock outs and trash outs; bank runs when needed
- Communicate with other departments, such as Interior Design, to ensure properties are moved through the pipeline quickly and efficiently
What you'll need:
- Intelligence, diligence, attention to detail, problem solving skills, and a positive attitude
- Open to new grads! Bachelor's Degree required
- Some experience with construction project management/single family home remodels is required; 1-2 years of experience strongly preferred
- Aptitude with computers and mobile devices, i.e. iPads, etc.
- Valid driver's license
- Local candidates only
What's in it for you:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Meet Some of Wedgewood's Employees
Andrew provides analysis on properties, determining their value based on appraisals, PPO reports, and market analysis.
Back to top