Assistant Residential Construction Manager - Sacramento, CA
Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, home warranty, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more.
Are you looking for an entry-level position in real estate investment and construction management? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments? Do you possess the ability to take initiative and constantly think ahead? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We began with a very small team more than three decades ago and since then have grown into a nationally recognized leader in the real estate investment industry. If you’re looking for a company that provides endless opportunities in multiple verticals with a limitless career path, you’ve found it. Wedgewood Incorporated is seeking an experienced Assistant Residential Construction Manager to work with our passionate team. If working with a dynamic, thriving company with unlimited potential intrigues you, it’s time we talk. No other company has the experience and vision that Wedgewood has. If your time management skills complement your on-the-spot decision making prowess, this is your job.
What you'll do:
- Engages in bidding once trained. May be asked to shadow construction project managers at the local courthouse.
- Drives by properties to conduct inspections (e.g., prior to acquisition) with guidance.
- Supports Acquisitions department as needed in the field.
- Pushes inventory regularly and check in on properties to ensure projects remain on schedule.
- Interfaces with the Design team to support staging at properties (e.g., placing towels, bath mats, vases, etc.)
- Coordinates, supervises, and attends lockouts and trashouts.
- Runs checks to and from the bank, or to the office as needed..
- Acts as a liaison between contractors and project management personnel.
- Assists in cultivating new contractor relationships by cold calling, posting ads, networking, etc.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, Construction Management is a plus.
- Some experience with construction project management/single family home remodels is preferred; 1-2 years of experience is ideal.
- Experience in real estate or appraising is preferred but not required.
- Some working knowledge of and aptitude with computers, mobile devices, and applications i.e. iPads, Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once, take initiative and think on the go.
- Must be a detail-oriented person, problem solver and have a positive attitude!
- Valid driver's license.
- Local candidates only.
What's in it for you:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
• Company Sponsored Outings: Past events have included sporting events, happy hours, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
• In-house Investment Programs: Participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer home ownership & loan programs.
• Contribute to Your Community: Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We look forward to hearing from you!
Meet Some of Wedgewood's Employees
Andrew provides analysis on properties, determining their value based on appraisals, PPO reports, and market analysis.
Back to top