Assistant Residential Construction Manager
Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business footprint to also include non-performing notes, lending, design, brokerage, property management, escrow, and more. We are a unique combination of an established 30 year old company that has been able to keep its start-up feel.
Are you looking for an important position in real estate investment and construction management? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments? Do you possess the ability to take initiative and constantly think ahead? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We began with a very small team more than three decades ago and since then have grown into a nationally recognized leader in the real estate investment industry. If you’re looking for a company that provides endless opportunities in multiple verticals with a limitless career path, you’ve found it.
Why you should apply:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
- Have you ever worked for a company that allowed you to invest alongside them? With Wedgewood’s In-house Investment Programs, you get to participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs. We also offer homeownership & loan programs.
- Have you worked for a company that will help you pay off your student loans? Wedgewood recognizes the importance of quality education so we have partnered up with Gradifi to assist you with your student loans.
- Are you passionate about making a difference? This is a great place to contribute to the community! Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
- Do you believe in the work-hard play-hard lifestyle? You can expect to get invited to various company sponsored events throughout the course of the year. Past events have included sporting events, happy hour, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
- Thinking about renovating your home? We offer exclusive discounts at Home Depot!
About the role:
Wedgewood Incorporated is seeking an experienced Assistant Residential Construction Manager to work with our passionate team. If working with a dynamic, thriving company with unlimited potential intrigues you, it’s time we talk. No other company has the experience and vision that Wedgewood has. If your time management skills complement your on-the-spot decision making prowess, this is your job.
What you'll do:
- Helps oversee sites and monitor progress of construction
- Supports the selection of contractors/vendors
- Coordinates and collects estimates from sub-contractors and works with Property Managers in submitting bids
- Conducts regular inspections to ensure project remains on schedule and reports back to Property Manager
- Supports our acquisitions team by bidding on properties at courthouse steps
- Inspects properties for occupancy, makes general assessment on the current conditions and quality of neighborhoods, uploads pictures to Minerva
- Assists in the facilitation of staging properties (furniture, décor, and other materials)
- Interfaces with upper management and design team as needed
- Researches best practices and continues to provide ideas and knowledge to Property Management Team
- Communicates with other departments to ensure properties are moved through the pipeline quickly, correctly and efficiently
What you'll need:
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Willingness to knock on doors and talk with occupants
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Aptitude with computers and mobile devices, i.e. iPads, etc.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Initiative / Self-Starter
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic
Back to top